Aviation industry in our country is already in a booming phase and there are good opportunities in it. After completing class XII with science one can think of the following career lines -
(1) Diploma in Airport Management - This is a diploma course for one year duration and focuses solely in the area of Airport Management. It covers Strategy and Functioning of Airport, Cargo Management and Handling, Staff Administration and Safety and Security aspects. Those students who have done their graduation can go for another diploma which is known as Post Graduate Diploma in Airport Management which has more value in terms of job prospect.
(2) B.B.A. course in Airport Management - It is a 3 years management course and after completing this one can apply for managerial posts in the Airport. The syllabus of this course consists of Basics of Airport Management, HR Management, Accounting & Financial Management, Marketing and Safety & Security of Airports.
(3) Training for becoming a commercial Pilot - This is a training after which a person is ready to take up the job of a pilot. This course is very expensive and everyone can not afford it. The different institutions have their own aptitude and medical tests for admission to this course and the duration is about 18 months. One has to gather 200 hours flying experience during this course. After completing the course one has to appear in an exam by the Govt body DGCA, which will, after qualifying the exam, give a commercial pilot license (CPL).
(4) Diploma in Ground Staff and Cabin Crew Training - This diploma is for the aspirants for the post of ground staff, Air Hostess, Steward on Flights etc. The course duration is usually 6 months to 1 year. During this course the students are taught the Communication Skills, Customer Services, Food and Beverage preparations & serving and Safety & First Aid procedures.
(5) Indian Army - Those who have an aptitude for working in armed forces and especially in the Indian Air Force, they can try to appear in exams like NDA, IMA etc and join the army as an officer. There is a lot of rush for these coveted exams in our country and one has to carry out a good preparation to get selected in this career line.
(6) Aeronautical Engineering
- After class XII one can appear in joint entrance exam for engineering or join a private engineering college for taking up Aeronautical Engineering which is a 4-1/2 years course. After completion of this course there are good placements in Aviation sector especially in fabrication, repair and maintenance side.