• Category: Beauty

Ayurvedic hair remedies for thick and hair growth

Facing a problem with hairball? interested in knowing the best home remedies, specifically the Ayurvedic ones? Scroll through this page and get resolution for reducing hairball by using home remedies like hair make and hair oils from our ISC experts.

am in my last 30's and had my second child 3 years ago,I had thick dark hair since birth. Unfortunately I lost my hair density after my second child was born.My thyroid is normal,I exercise regularly and eat nutritious food.

I would like to know some good tried and tested (preferably given by Ayurvedic specialists) remedies to regain my hair thickness(density) such as hair masks and hair oil recipes that I can easily make at home and use.
  • #153326
    While childbirth time causes some hairfall, usually that is temporary and hair regrows soon.
    However lack of sleep, lack of proper nutrition, too much tension and stress, some fungus or other infections on scalp can cause hairloss. These reasons have to be looked into and eliminated by proper remedial mesure.

In the absence of the above causes, you can enable hairgrowth by using some common Ayurvedic hair oils.

Though I am not recommending any specific brand, I give the names of some of the common and easily available Ayurvedic hair oils which have been used effectively by many over the year. These may be available in all reputed Ayurvedic or native medical shops, especially those which have Kerala base.
    Examples. 1.Kuntalakaanti coconut hair oil(If coconut base is not available the gingelly oil base 'Thailam' can be used) 2. Neelibhringaadi hair oil 3. Keshabhringadi or Keshavardhini hair oil.

If you can meet a qualified and experienced Ayurvedi doctor, you may be given specific remedy for your needs.

You can prepare a simple home made hair oil good for hair growth and maintenance . The tips can be read in my response 139599 in the Ask Experts section question.

• #153328
    This is normal that during pregnancy as the estrogen level is increased there is no much hair fall and the hair look dense whereas after delivery as the estrogen level declines the hair start falling but that is temporary and after few weeks it stops. So you should not worry for the same. You should try below tips to keep your hair look good during this transition period.

° Wear scarves, bandanas to disguise yourself. This is very popular in new moms.

° Get a new hair cut.

° Don't keep you hair dry as driness is the reason for hair fall.

Apart from these here are few ayurvedic remedies to reduce the same:

° Lemon juice: Prepare a mixture of lemon joice, egg yolk, olive oil, rosemary. Apply it on the roots of hair and gently massage. Leave it for few minutes and wawh it with lukewarm water.

° Rosemary leaves: Boil some rosemary leaves and let it cool, after cooling use this water to wash your hair.

° Apply raw egg yolk on the roots of your hair and gently massage. Leave it for an hour and then wash your hair with shampoo and let your hair dry. Do it twice a week you will see the difference.

° Apply almond oil on the scalp for 3-4 times q day will stop further hair loss. When mixed with equal amount of castor oil and massaged on the scalp the results are much better.

° Aloe Vera and coconut oil when mixed and applied on the scalp is very good for hair. You may apply it daily 2-3 times. You should gently massage the roots of hair and after 45 minutes wash hair by warm water. You will see the difference in few days only.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

• #153331
    1. Bhringraj is also known as 'Kehraj' in Assamese and 'Karisalankanni' in Tamil, is a medicinal herb. this herb grows in moist areas. This herb is a useful remedy for various hair and skin woes. It gives nourishment to hair follicles. It facilitates the growth of new hair follicles. This oil is available in many ayurvedic medicine shops. It can be made at home as well. The process involves drying the leaves and then powdering the leaves. After that heating the powder with coconut oil. It can be directly applied on the scalp.
    2. Methi: Fenugreek which is also known methi seeds are rich in folic acid, Vitamin A, Vitamin K and Vitamin C. They are also rich in minerals such as potassium, calcium and iron. They have high protein and nicotinic acid content. They are beneficial against hair fall and dandruff. These are very useful for a variety of scalp issues like dryness of hair, baldness and hair thinning. Menthi can be included in the diet which will help in the growth of hair.
    3. Amla: Amla or Indian gooseberry is very good for hair growth. Amla oil can be applied to our head which will boost blood circulation. This will increase hair growth. It also helps in removing dandruff and dissolving grease and dirt from follicles. It will be useful in maintaining optimum pH levels of the scalp. Amla is having a large content of Vitamin C.
    4. Brahmi: This herb is very useful for your hair. Brahmi will reduce stress and clear the mind, The herb is having much haircare uses. It can prevent hair fall. This oil is very useful for hair growth and improving your memory power. This oil is readily available in many ayurvedic firms and it is also sold as Saraswathi oil.

You can select one oil among the above, preferably the first one and eating methi will definitely help in hair growth.

• #153335
    Hair - fall is normally seen among the young women especially after the child - birth because of imbalance of hormonal - level, improper - nutrition and due to lack of rest. A few remedies mentioned below will prove to be helpful in such a case.
    1) In North - India, it is the trend of offering of GOND KA Laddu because of high nutritional content of this laddu containing Calcium, Phosphorous, Vitamin A, Vitamin- C, Vitamin B and abundance of healthy fat due to presence of Cow - ghee. By regular congestion of this for a period of two months will alleviate weakness apart from arresting hair - fall.
    2) Regular use of Bhrinraj - oil on the scalp will also be benificial since it strengthens the roots of the hair and it has also a soothing effects on the nerves. This will take care of undue stress which too is one of the causes of hair fall.
    3) Amla is a natural herb having abundant VitaminC and is also known for enhancing immunity because of presence of invaluable minerals such as Iron, Chromium, Folic - acid etc apart from Vitamin C. Regular ingestion of Amla will improve the digestive - system apart from arresting hair - fall.
    4) You may apply the paste of Curd and Besan taking equal parts and this mixture is to be applied liberally on the scalp. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash your hair. Crysophenic acid found in the Besan produces positive result in averting hair - fall.
    5) You may use moderate amount of dry - nuts for the redressal of such problems. You may take five pieces of almond, soak it overnight and consume the Almomd regularly for at least two months. Almonds contain abundant of vitamins such as Vitamin A and Vitamin B, Magnesium, Iron etc and all these nutritive content will arrest hair fall problem.
    6) Take abundant sleep at night - at least eight hours so as to normalise the stress - level, being the chief cause of hair - fall.

• #153341
    The reasons for hair fall are many and it is difficult to pin point the problem but a good nutrition and good lifestyle is supposed to arrest this trend.

In Ayurvedic system there are many items which are beneficial if used in form of oil or other remedies. In Ayurveda the reason for hair fall is attributed to Pitta ( one out of the three Doshas - Kapha, Pitta and Vata) Dosha.

Some of the Ayurvedic remedies are - Applying Bhringraja powder paste on hairs for half an hour and then wash, Application of Amla paste on the hairs thrice a week, Rinsing the hairs with neem leaves boiled in water, Washing hairs with Ritha powder (Soap nut), Application of Shikakai paste on hairs before washing, Using a mixture of Ashwagandha and Amla powders for hair wash, Applyin a mixture of Ashwagandha, Amla and Shikakai for washing the hairs etc.

One can bring the readymade Ayurvedic hair washing powders also from the market and use them.

These are some of the measures which may bring fruitful results in a few months time.

• #153344
    Hi everyone..
    Thank you so much for the response.I should have given out more details...its been 3 yrs since my second child is born.A year ago my hair dresser noticed split ends on top of my scalp,I also had dry and frizzy hair with hair loss and thinning hair.I immediately got a hair cut and starting using herbal shampoo powder.I also started using a hair mask suggested by a friend who got it from a doctor for the same issue(egg ,honey,coconut oil,sesame oil,olive oil,almond oil,castor oil),It worked like a charm and my hair loss was under control and got rid of split ends,dryness too.Hair started growing lengthwise..with no change in thickness (I still did not get back my density).I also started taking vitamin supplements...still no change. I do not live in India with no access to ayurvedic hair oils (from specialized ayurvedic stores not commercial ones). I did experience hair loss and thinning hair after my 1st child was born too but it I regained it probably because I was much younger.

In short, my hair has become healthy over a year, its growing lengthwise but I still need some remedy to increase my hair thickness (density) back to its original state.I feel embarrassed whenever I meet my friends as they feel pity on me as I lost the thickness.

• #153345
    Forgot to mention that I workout in the morning,eat well balanced diet with nuts,dates,protein and regular home cooked food,also sleep for 6-8 hours.

• #153364
    Normally the hair growth is based on health nourishment. But in many cases, we should nourish the same with some dos and do not.
    Do Not:
    1. Regular usage of shampoos to be stopped
    2. Never leave the hair uncombed on any situation
    3. If your hair falling regularly avoid regular head bath
    4. Never apply the oils or conditioners etc., as you please by mere seeing advertisements

Dos:
    1.Applying a good coconut oil is good always.
    2.head wash can be done with good curd once in a month
    3.regular combing is a good one for nourishing the hair as the growth will get patted.

Though it is said the hair growth and fall etc., based on heredity, we should do our best to care for our hair.

• #153389
    For hairfall after 30's mainly caused by heredity. Check if your father has hair loss. If yes, then you cannot stop hairfall, can only slightly delay it.
    Secondly if at all your father don't have baldness, then instead of medicines prefer ayurvedic and yoga techniques to regain hair. There are many food nutrients like fish and yoga like Headstand can give blood flow to hair follicles.
    Worst case scenario is hair transplant so plan accordingly.

• #153393
    You may also the following steps-
    1) Application of shampoo on the scalp should be restricted to twice a week.
    2) Combing is not be done while the hairs are still weight. Wait till it restores to semi-dried condition so that the roots of are not weakened.
    3) Regular head bath is to be avoided in case of excessive hair - fall.
    4) Indulge in some physical exercises which would be beneficial in the arrest of hair - fall. You may walk in the morning over the green - grass laden with dews. This will improve your eyesight apart from arresting hair - fall.

• #153456
    Hair growth is natural and a healthy person will have thick hair growth. If there is loss of hair then it can be due to several reasons. Consulting a good doctor will be helpful. It is true that applying oil for head is based on Ayurveda system.
    In Ayurveda the hair oil is prepared mixing with different ingredients. Most of them are collected from plants. That is why the names such as 'Neeleebhringadi oil', ' Bhrigamalakadi coconut oil' and similar names are given to hair oils. 'Aamalaka' is nothing nut the gooseberry. 'Bhringaraj' is the new of a medicinal plant. Generally the ingredients added while preparing medicinal oils are selected looking the special qualities of the plants ( leaves, flowers, roots, or other items from the plant as instructed in the texts).
    Hence it is always better to get the advice of a learned doctor before choosing the oil to be applied. Otherwise, sometimes instead of growing new the available hair may start falling.

T.M.Sankaran
    Gold Member ISC

• #153488

Hello. My name is Alfie. I am a pharmacist at an online pharmacy, and I also keep a blog on medical topics during my free time.
    http://www.articledirectoryusa.com/article/category/health-and-fitness/medicine/can-i-get-cialis-over-the-counter-in-my-country/