You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Government

    Filling UPSC application form with new name

    Have a query about filling UPSC application? Wondering what to do if there is a change in name? Here, on this Ask Expert page you can go through the responses from experts.

    I have changed my name after graduation.

    My 10th,12th,graduation certificates has old name.
    Govt proofs such as Adhaar, PAN card and passport has new name.

    I changed my name through affidavit(by giving advertisement in newspaper)

    Which name should I use while applying for UPSC exam?
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • Please use new name while submitting application. You never know where you will need to verify Adhaar. Since you already have affidavit with proof, you don't have to worry about thinking twice to use new name.

    Life Is Beautiful

  • It is important to note the important exams held throughout this country use the Class 10th and Intermediate
    You might have changed your name before your tenth class. It is a compulsory criterion to use your old name for filling in the application form, You should use the name which is there in your SSC certificate. If you use a different name your candidature will get cancelled and your application will not be considered. After you qualify and get a job, you can change your name after joining in the duty.
    So use the old name only and all the best to you.

    always confident

  • You have changed your name following the prescribed procedure after completing your graduation and in your Aadhar card, PAN card and Passport the new name is reflecting.

    In this case, now you have to give your new name in the application made by you for any exam or competition. Only thing is you have to mention this in the remarks also and also give a copy of the legal affidavit and Aadhar card in support of your new name. As your old name and new name both are reflecting in your affidavit, the new name will be accepted in the applications whenever you are applying now.

    For all practical purposes your new name will be used by your prospective employer in the future. Your identity is changed from your old name to the new name and they will issue your identity card also in your new name only. Your PF and pension related papers etc will also contain the new name. Your old name is relinquished on the day you legally went for a new name. You can not have two names assigned to you.

    When a person changes his name, he has to get is changed in his property papers (if any), land records (if any), financial investments (if any) and things like that. So generally people do not go for name changing as it involves a lot of hassles.

    Knowledge is power.

  • You have to apply in your new and current name. But at the same time, please remember to enclose a copy of the affidavit on the virtue of which you have adopted the new name. Otherwise, your application is liable to be canceled because some of your educational certificates till Graduation is issued in your old name.

    "If you are killed in action, you go to Heaven. If you win, you rule this Earth (as beautiful as Heaven). That is why, O son of Kunti, take a firm resolve and fight!"-- Shrimad Bhagwad Gita

  • Sign In to post your comments