• Category: Opinion About

Asking about a email I got and it is right or not

Are you worried about a spam mail? wondering whether it is right to get few crores of rupees and a luxury car? go through this page and get advice from experts for all your queries.

I got an email and it was written that your mobile have won 3 crore 36 lakh rupee and a Chevrolet cruse car at Chevrolet award UK.After some days I got an another email and it was written that " Our agent John martin is coming India to give your prize. On 5/12/2018 John called me by 9811413499 and told me to submit Full name,mobile number,address and a valid I.D proof. He also asked me to pay the custom clearance fee 18,500 Indian rupee in account number: 918010075372588 which is of Neraj kumar in axis bank New Delhi branch.
    Is it right?

• No. Never believe any such messages. They are all deceiving. They will ask your bank details and many other details. Never respond to such emails. Many emails and SMS messages will be sent to many people. They say you got a big amount as a prize and they ask you the details. Don't pay any money. Don't give any details. All fraud messages. Just ignore. If there are any attachments please don't open those attachments also.

• These are the perils of digital and online advancements where hackers and frauds are doing all sorts of mischiefs to cheat people.

If possible do to open such messages and simply ignore them. These people are deceiving the gullible persons and making out some money in the process. Use your common sense to decode such fraudulent messages. They want to give you a huge amount but do not have Rs 18500 with them for custom clearance. It is also funny that he is bringing the award to your doors. Take utmost cautions with these messages.

Last year someone called me telling that he was talking from a special branch of Reserve Bank of India and if I do not confirm my debit card details to them for verification they will simply block it as a safety measure. I told him to block it and hearing this, he disconnected the phone.

• Please do not fall into such traps. Simply delete such emails. Mark them as spam and then delete them.
    Responding to them or clicking on any links suggested by them can lead you to land in troubles . You may not only lose money , but may have further troubles. If there is some hacking also, then you may be indirectly helping to be a lead to make your other contacts also victims.

Hence never bite on the baits such as the one narrated above. There may be many other variants for such frauds . Prevention by prudent caution is the best safety precaution for anyone. Sometimes your anti virus software can signal you about these frauds or nuisance as treating them as spam mails. Hence keep your antivirus updated. Install antivirus software with protection for internet and email facilities and keep them always updated.

• It is called Spam. Just move this mail to spam folder. Usually mail of such kind gets automatically moved once you personally move them to spam once. So bottom line is , it is fake. There is nothing free in this world especially money. So be very careful and then believe in someone. Before making move search number and address on google and then decide.

• Such calls are fake calls. They will ask your bank account details and will make you bankrupt. Also, they asking you to pay 18.5k which they will receive but won't deliver you the things they promised. They are duping you so be careful and fall in the trap of such people. I have seen people being robbed by such companies.

Sanjeev

" It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not" ... Andre Gide

• The best way to deal is to ignore such calls or tell the caller that you will go to the bank to enquire about any problems. Do not provide your bank details and your card information. Also avoid calling back international numbers. If someone close belongs to abroad then its ok but you should aware about international calls. They used internet softwares to call so that no one can track their location or number. No banker will ask to provide for any card or account related details. Banks mostly communicate with account holders via email or at max, might ask you to visit your branch.