You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: State Government

    Query about correction in certificate

    Are you facing an issue with name mismatch in any of the certificates? Wondering if this mismatch will create any issue in a government job application? Find responses from our ISC experts for all your queries.

    My name is wrongly printed in my 10th class certificate and DOB as compared to that in my 12th class certificates, graduation certificates and all other certificates. I have submitted online application form for govt job using my name as specified in 10th class certificate and also qualified written test and submitted documents for final selection list in which I am surely in.
    I want to know: will my application be rejected due to this mismatch as the board has refused to correct my name in 12th certificates after which I can correct my graduation and degree certificates which is a very long process. What are the options that can help me in this regard?
    Thanks in anticipation.
  • Answers

    3 Answers found.
  • Actually you should have gone for the correction of your name in your 10th certificate from the education board office from where it was issued to you. Anyway now it is quite delayed. Meanwhile you have applied elsewhere and you are expecting a call letter.

    Please remember that any mismatch in the educational credentials is a matter of concern at the time of the document verification and creates a lot of unnecessary embarrassment and rejection.

    Now you have one option left and that is to go for a legal affidavit. You have to consult with a lawyer who will prepare a detailed affidavit in this regard where the personal data about you and your educational qualifications should reflect clearly and precisely. There, the lawyer will mention about the errors crept in your 10th certificate and indicate the name of the documents where there is no error. After this the affidavit will contain an oath where it will be explicitly mentioned that the information provided in the affidavit is correct and is given to avoid any confusions arising out of the errors crept in the name and DOB etc. The affidavit should be personally checked by you to see that it is properly made and there are no wrong facts mentioned in it.

    Once this affidavit is prepared it is to be signed by you in presence of a first class magistrate who will countersign it under his seal. Copies of all the documents mentioned in the affidavit are to be annexed with the affidavit for reference purposes.

    You have to keep this affidavit with you and produce it at the time of document verification so that the authorities can refer to it to acknowledge and understand the errors crept in your 10th certificate.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Your SSC certificate is the standard document always for your name and date of birth. As per you question, you haveproblem with both name and date of birth. So you might have gone for correction in SSC certificate. Any difference in the name or DOB will create a problem in getting a government job.
    You please contact a good lawyer who is known to you in your area and explain him the problem. He will arrange for an affidavit and advise you the actions you have to take. In the affidavit both name and DOB should be covered. This affidavit will take care for the present. After joining in the job you may try contacting the concerned officials in the board and you can do the needful for making the required change.

    always confident

  • Nowadays, the documents are prepared in computer in many offices and institutions. Entering person should be familiar with the names, surnames etc., otherwise, the difference will arise. It is our duty to get it corrected by seeing at the time of collecting the certificates itself.
    Name,father's name,Date of birth are the basic details which required till our last breath for anything to be proved and they should be similar and a correct one in all documents. The school certificate for seniors and birth certificates for youngsters become a valid one. As the date of birth is deciding matters in one's life till his end,much care should be taken in the beginning itself. School certificate,college certificates,aadhaar,Pan card,voter Id, driving license should tally each other. You immediately approach in person to the college authorities and get corrected. No correspondences will yield good result rather than personal approach. Your delay will make the matter more delay.
    The name,father's name surname etc., should be get verified even at the stage of collecting from school leaving itself as the same become base documents for the further studies as well for employment or anything.

  • Sign In to post your comments