You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Lawyers

    Variation in my middle name in 10th class certificates and other higher educational certificates

    Facing a name mismatch in any of the certificates? Worried if this will result in rejection of government job application? No worries, our ISC experts shall provide you guidance and a detailed procedure to resolve this issue.

    My middle name as per my 10th class does not match with that mentioned in 12th class and other higher educational certificates.
    I filled the name in online govt job application as mentioned in X class certificate. But I am afraid that my application might be rejected due to this variation.
    More over I have passed my 10th in 2006 and 12th in 2008 therefore Board will not correct my spelling.
    So I want to know that what should I do for saving my candidature? Secondly can I correct the spelling by any means after so long since passing my 12th exam?
    Please do reply as I am very upset and nobody is giving me proper guidance.
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • You should had gone long back for correction in your high school certificate by approaching your education board.

    Anyway, it is quite delayed now and the only option left is to go for a legal affidavit.

    You have to approach a lawyer for preparing an affidavit in this regard which will contain all these details regarding your educational credentials right from your birth certificate to the graduation etc. The error crept in the 10th certificate is also to be highlighted and a solemn oath to be taken that everything given in the affidavit is true.

    Once the affidavit is prepared, it is to be signed by you in presence of the first class magistrate under his seal.

    Now all the reference documents which are mentioned in the affidavit should be annexed with it to make it a complete legal document. Keep this with you when you attend a document verification session in connection with your interview or counselling.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Why you kept the issue pending so long. Any deviation in any certificate it will create the problem when you go for a job. So it is wise to get the correction done the as early as possible once you receive the certificate.
    Anyhow it is more than 10 years and it may not be easy to get the corrections made in the certificates. The only way I feel is making an affidavit. This will stand as a legal document for your credentials. You approach a lawyer who is well aware of the procedure for making an affidavit. You can explain to him about your problem. He will tell you and guide you in making this instrument and the same will be helpful to you at the time of certificates.

    always confident

  • Middle name, surname are all deemed to be a must one in many states of our country. Variation in such things are to be considered seriously as many documents are computerized nowadays,
    Name,father's name,Date of birth are the basic details which required till our last breath for anything to be proved and they should be similar and a correct one in all documents. The school certificate for seniors and birth certificates for youngsters become a valid one. As the date of birth is deciding matters in one's life till his end,much care should be taken in the beginning itself. School certificate,college certificates,aadhaar,Pan card,voter Id, driving license should tally each other. You immediately approach in person to the college authorities and get corrected. No correspondences will yield good result rather than personal approach. Your delay will make the matter more delay.
    The name,father's name surname etc., should be get verified even at the stage of collecting from school leaving itself as the same become base documents for the further studies as well for employment or anything.

  • First apply to your Board with a request to correct your name attaching supporting documents where your name is spelt correctly (e.g., AADHAR Card, PAN Card, Ration Card, Election Id Card, etc.). If the Board rectifies the mistake, then the problem is solved.

    If the Board doesn't rectify the mistake, then you have to sign an affidavit before a Class-I Magistrate of your city indicating your correct name. You have to publish advertisements in two newspapers (one English and one vernacular) indicating your correct name. You have to permanently preserve the original affidavit and the original advertisements.

    “Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

  • Sign In to post your comments