You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

    Mother name not same in 10 and 12 class document

    Is there any mismatch is any of the documents? Wondering how to answer for this mismatch for a government sector job verification? No worries, scroll through this page where out ISC experts shall provide you with guidance to resolve this issue.

    My mother's name is not same in 10 class document and in 12 class document. Will there be any problem in government sector document verification?
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • Yes. The information should be the same in all the documents. There should not be any difference in mother's name. You have to get it corrected. You have not mentioned in your query that in which document it is correct.
    1. If the name in the 10th class document is correct and it is wrong in the 12th document, you have to get it corrected in the 12th class certificate. You apply for correction to the concerned board through the school you have studied. You contact the school administration and apply for correction in writing. Attach an attested photocopy of your SSC certificate. Take an acknowledgement copy of your application and submit it in your school. They will forward it to the board and the board will do the needful. They will again send it back to the school and you can collect it.
    2. If the name in the 12th certificate is correct and if it is wrong in your 10th class certificate, you have to apply again through the school where you have studied your 10th class. They will not accept your 12th certificate as standard. You have to attach a copy of your mother's identity card like Aadhaar or PAN card in which your mother's name is correctly mentioned and a copy of your birth certificate. The school will do the needful and you will get the corrected one through school.
    3. If both the documents are wrong, you have to get the correction made in the 10th certificate first and then with the corrected certificate you can apply of correction in the intermediate certificate.
    4. The other option you have is getting made an affidavit. You can contact a known lawyer in your area and he will guide how to go about it. Once you get the affidavit made, it will be useful forever to show your mother's name correctly.

    always confident

  • Name mismatch is always a problem at the time of document verification. So, one should try to get it corrected from the education board office as soon as possible.

    In your case, one of the document out of class 10 or 12, appears to be correct while the other is incorrect. So you have to approach to your education board office for getting it corrected. What are the other certificates of your mother available with you? Please go through all of them and check for the name. Hopefully they should contain the correct name. You have to provide the copy of one of the correct authentic document (like Aadhaar card or PAN card or Voter card or driving license etc) for reference to the board office authorities so that they can do the necessary correction.

    I hope you will be able to get the corrected certificate from the board office soon and can produce the same at the time of document verification.

    In case, you are not able to get it corrected from the board office due to any reason then the other alternative is going for a legal affidavit.

    For legal affidavit, you have to consult a lawyer who will prepare a detailed affidavit in this regard where your and your mothers name in the said documents are to be narrated and an oath is to be taken to the effect that due to error in the name it has happened so in the incorrect certificate. Once the affidavit is prepared, it is to be signed in front of a first class magistrate and then the magistrate will countersign it with his signature under his seal.

    You have to keep a copy of this affidavit ready with you whenever you are going to face a document verification session in connection with your interview or counselling session.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Yes, the mismatch may cause a problem in the future.

    I would request you to check your mother's name in her AADHAR Card and compare this name with your documents. You have to apply to the concerned Board requesting to rectify your mother's name in your documents. You have to enclose the photocopy of your mother's AADHAR Card as evidence.

    Most probably, the Board will rectify the mistake and issue the revised certificates. In case, the Board does not rectify, you have to sign a suitably-worded affidavit indicating the correct name of your mother.

    "If you are killed in action, you go to Heaven. If you win, you rule this Earth (as beautiful as Heaven). That is why, O son of Kunti, take a firm resolve and fight!"-- Shrimad Bhagwad Gita

  • Name, father's name, Date of birth are the basic details which required till our last breath for anything to be proved and they should be similar and a correct one in all documents. The school certificate for seniors and birth certificates for youngsters become a valid one. As the date of birth is deciding matters in one's life till his end,much care should be taken in the beginning itself. School certificate, college certificates, aadhaar, Pan card, voter Id, driving license should tally each other. You immediately approach in person to the college authorities and get corrected. No correspondences will yield good result rather than personal approach. Your delay will make the matter more delay.
    The name, father's name surname etc., should be get verified even at the stage of collecting from school leaving itself as the same become base documents for the further studies as well for employment or anything.

  • Sign In to post your comments