You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

    Mother name mismatch In 10 and 12 certificates

    Have a query about a names match in any certificates? Wondering how to correct the name and interested in knowing the detailed procedure for correction? Find responses from experts for resolving your query on this Ask Expert page.

    I have completed 10 class in 2010 and 12 class in 2012 from C.B.S.E board But in the documents there is a mis match in my mother's name.
    Can I correct my mother's name and also what is the procedure to do that?
  • Answers

    5 Answers found.
  • Name, father's name, Date of birth are the basic details which required till our last breath for anything to be proved and they should be similar and a correct one in all documents. The school certificate for seniors and birth certificates for youngsters become a valid one. As the date of birth is deciding matters in one's life till his end,much care should be taken in the beginning itself. School certificate, college certificates, aadhaar, Pan card, voter Id, driving license should tally each other. You immediately approach in person to the college authorities and get corrected. No correspondences will yield good result rather than personal approach. Your delay will make the matter more delay.
    The name, father's name surname etc., should be get verified even at the stage of collecting from school leaving itself as the same become base documents for the further studies as well for employment or anything.

  • The mistake in your mother's name in your 10th and 12th certificate is a matter of concern as it will create a problem at the time of document verification session whenever you are attending it.

    The normal course of corrective action in these matters is to apply to your education board office for correcting the mistake and issue the corrected certificate.

    You will also have to provide some authentic document as a reference of the correct name of your mother like your birth certificate or your mother's Aadhar card or PAN card or Voter card etc.

    Once you get the corrected certificates from your education board then your problem is resolved.

    In some cases, the board offices show their inability to issue the same especially when it is an old record. In that case you have to go for another option of getting a legal affidavit to cover up this error in the certificate.

    You will have to contact a lawyer for this who will make a legal affidavit detailing about you and the errors crept in your certificates and the supporting documents for your mother's correct name will also to be enclosed along with.

    Once prepared, check this legal document thoroughly for any typing mistakes and if found correct then sign it in front of a first class magistrate in the court who will countersign it under his seal.

    Keep this with you at the time of your document verification.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Yes, you can get it corrected. In our time we did not have our mother's name on the certificate as well as on the mark sheet. As all the details on the documents are important and are given as a proof for the verification a person so they should not mismatch. So you should get them corrected soon.

    To get them corrected you should approach CBSE office or should contact them online. They may ask you to fill a form or may ask a document which may prove that your mother's name is wrongly typed on your documents. They may ask for the fees also and once they get corrected they will send them to your home.


    " The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

  • Any mismatch in the name of your mother in 10th and 12th issued by CBSE will create problems afterwards. By this time you might have got it corrected. But you have not mentioned in your question in which certificate the name is correct.
    Any mistake in 10th and 12th certificates is to be corrected by CBSE. You have to apply to CBSE through the school where you have studied. You have to attach your birth certificate in which the names of your parents are mentioned correctly. Take a xerox copy of your application and take acknowledgement and keep it with you as a record. They will forward your application to the board and arrange for the correction. The corrected document will be sent to your school and from there you can collect the certificate.
    Alternatively, you can make an affidavit and keep it with you as proof of your mother's name. For this process, you have to contact a lawyer in your area and explain him the problem. He will arrange for the same.

    always confident

  • The mismatch may cause a problem in the future.

    I would request you to check your mother's name in her AADHAR Card and compare this name with your documents. You have to apply to the concerned Board (CBSE in your case) requesting to rectify your mother's name in your documents where it is indicated incorrectly. You have to enclose the photocopy of your mother's AADHAR Card as evidence.

    Most probably, the Board will rectify the mistake and issue the revised certificates. In case, the Board does not rectify, you have to sign a suitably-worded affidavit indicating the correct name of your mother. You have to preserve this affidavit permanently.

    "If you are killed in action, you go to Heaven. If you win, you rule this Earth (as beautiful as Heaven). That is why, O son of Kunti, take a firm resolve and fight!"-- Shrimad Bhagwad Gita

  • Sign In to post your comments