Is it worth doing PhD from Amity Manesar?

Confused about taking up a PhD offer from Amity Manesar by signing a bond? Looking out for advice to resolve this confusion? Check out this Ask Expert page where the responses can help you to decide whether this offer is worth it.

I recently get connected to one of the professor at RCB, Faridabad for the position in his lab. By seeing my profile he is interested in offering one of the project as PhD student but I have to register for PhD at Amity Manesar not at RCB Faridabad.
    As the project is collaborative one, there are four institutions involved Amity, RCB, NII Delhi, and AIMS.
    My question is whether Amity Manesar is good for doing PhD and he also asked me to fill the bond for 5 years that I wont leave the project. Kindly guide regarding this.

• The thread has not been reviewed by Editors yet. Readers are advised to use their best judgement before accessing this thread.
    This thread will be reviewed shortly.
    If you think this thread contain inappropriate content, please report to webmaster.
    1. Amity University, Manesar is a good and UGC recognised University. The university had all the required recognitions. The degrees they award are recognised and considered for appointment by the government and private organisations and institutions. So you can register for your PhD at this University. There is no problem.

but the problem is

2. The execution of a bond for 5 years is not a wise step. There is no guarantee that after 5 years they provide you with any job. Generally, many people will try for a job while working for their PhD and once they get the job they will join and try to complete their PhD degree. So waiting for 5 years without searching for a job is a little risky.
    3. Many of these bonds may not stand in the courts.
    So I suggest you take the format of the bond and show it to a good practising lawyer and take his opinion regarding signing on the bond for this fellowship.
    If I have to take up this, I will say no to bond. Without the bond, I will accept this offer.

This thread will be reviewed shortly.
    There is no issue in undertaking your project work in the Amity University, Manesar as it is approved one under the UGC. If they are giving you scholarship or stipend then they will seek bond from you.

If you are really interested in doing the PhD in the particular subject then it is a good proposition. The positive side is the collaborative project so you will have access to the facilities in the other institutions and in fact it will help you in enhancing your academic networking which helps in seeking teaching or fellow jobs in these institutions or the affiliated ones.

I suggest you to go for the bond and with hard work and focussed approach you will not only be able to complete your PhD in time but they may suitably absorb you in some fellowship or other engagement till you get a main stream job.

You may be well aware that today the job position in our country is awfully bad and one must take up the earliest opportunity of enhancing ones academic strength and if you are getting a chance to do PhD with a grant, avail it.