• Category: Dermatology

Is it safe for my hair to do permanent hair straightening in beauty salon, once a year?

Have a query about permanent hair straightening? Worried if it results in any negative impact like dryness, dandruff or hairball? No worries, you can scroll through this page where our ISC Experts have provided advice regarding whether it is good to opt for permanent hair straightening.

Hello, I had already done permanent hair straightening for my hair and in last month (Dec 2018)was my third time to do the same. But now I am observing some changes to my hair like dryness, heavy dandruff, hairfall while washing my hair and later on as time passes heavy hairfall while combing my hair too. I just wanted suggestions regarding all this, whether I should continue maintaining my straight hair by permanent hair straightening or I should quit this and live with my curly hair?

• The thread has not been reviewed by Editors yet. Readers are advised to use their best judgement before accessing this thread.
    This thread will be reviewed shortly.
    If you think this thread contain inappropriate content, please report to webmaster.
    Any type of modification to natural hair is often risky and will damage your hair to an extent. Heat from straightening can damage your follicles. Proper hair care must be taken after straightening. Don't straighten your hair often. Use lukewarm water to shower. Oil your hair once every three to four days. Condition it frequently to escape frizzes, which can damage your hair. And also always try not to brush wet hair. Wet hair must always be combed. Escape tangles basically to avoid damaging your hair.

The stronger a light shines the darker are the shadows around it.

This thread will be reviewed shortly.
    Hair straightening is now a days a common cosmetic measure adopted by people but it has some inherent risks and side effects also.

During the straightening procedure the moisture of hairs is reduced due to heating and ironing and that makes the hairs dull and dry. So one should not go for straightening procedure frequently.

The dryness in the hairs leads to the weakness in them and they start to have problems like split end and hair fall.

Once in six months or may be one year seems to be a safe option but more sessions than that is going to harm the hairs and should be avoided. We should not compromise the well being of our body and body parts just to meet the fashion demands in the society.