You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Other Jobs

    A minor spelling difference in 10th & 12th certificates

    Facing a name issue in any document? Wondering if it will create any problem in document verification in government job? Go through the responses from experts here and resolve yuor query.

    There is a minor difference of my name in Aadhar and in 10th and 12th certificates.
    Will it create any problem in document verification in and how can I solve this issue?
  • Answers

    5 Answers found.
  • If the name in 10th and 12th certificates are same and there is a difference in Aadhar, You have to get it changed in Aadhaar. For this, you have to contact nearest bank branch or Aadhaar authorised mee seva centres. There you can get it corrected by showing your 10th certificate.
    If the name in the 10th certificate is wrong means you have to get it corrected by applying to the 10th through the school you have studied with a proof of your correct name like your birth certificate.
    If the name in the 12th certificate is wrong again you have to apply to the 12th board giving your 10th certificate as a proof to your correct name.
    Otherwise, you can get a legal affidavit from the court. For this, you can contact any good lawyer in your area, he will guide you. After getting the affidavit, you have to give paper notification in two newspapers one in the local language and one in English newspaper. These paper cuttings and original affidavit should be kept with forever for records.

    always confident

  • In case of a spelling errors in the certificate, the same is to be corrected through the agency from where the same has originated.
    In case of any discrepancy in the Aadhar- card, you may contact the centre for its rectification and it would be immediately be resolved once you show any document in support of proof such Voter - ID card, Driving license etc.
    Similarly for any discrepancy in either class ten or twelve certificate, you have to meet your Principal of the school requiring correction in the certificate with a written application. The principal will write a forwarding note indicating your correct name and the same application along with the requisite fee in the form of DD of a nationalised bank should be sent to the secretary to the concerned Board. You will get a corrected certificate in lieu of mismatched one against your name.
    Other way would be to approach a lawyer for the affidavit purpose. You have to provide the documents such as Driving - licence , Bank - pass book etc indicating your correct name. Once the affidavit is ready after the final signature of the first class magistrate. You need to get the same published in two News paper one in English and the other in the local one. Preserve the cutting to be shown to the officials of the document - verification.

  • Any difference in the name between the documents at the time of verification is a source of inconvenience and embarrassment and can lead to rejection.

    If your name is correct in the certificates but incorrect in the Aadhar card then you have to visit an Aadhar centre and get it corrected by filling a form and giving the necessary reference documents. Some bank branches are also acting as an Aadhar centre for corrections etc and you have to find one near to your place and get the Aadhar card corrected at an earliest.

    On the other hand if your certificates are having incorrect name and Aadhar is containing the correct name then you have to request your education board office to correct the certificates and issue to you the corrected ones. There may be a fee for that and an application format. I understand that in some states there is online facility also for applying for corrections in the certificates in such cases and you can go through that route also. Sometimes the education offices are showing their inability to issue corrected certificates on one pretext or other. In that case you have other option that is for going for legal affidavit.

    For legal affidavit, you have to consult a lawyer and he will make a legal affidavit where all the details regarding these mistakes and errors in your certificates are to be brought out along with your personal data and once the affidavit is ready it is to be signed by you in presence of a first class magistrate who will also in turn sign it under his seal. Now keep this affidavit ready with you so that you can present the same to the document verifying authorities whenever they ask that in support of your application.

    Knowledge is power.

  • It takes time to get your document corrected from the agency involved and sometimes they do not cooperate for the same. In such cases what I can suggest is go for a legal affidavit.

    Legal affidavit is a legal document to be prepared by a lawyer as per the data supplied by you regarding the mistake in the name etc. The document will contain all the facts and information regarding this error and will clarify that the certificates belong to the same person. Please remember to give correct facts in the affidavit as it is a very important document. Once it is prepared it has to be signed by you and also to be countersigned by a Magistrate in the court. The lawyer will manage that part for you so you have to go with him to the court.

    Once the affidavit is signed by the Magistrate then just keep it with you and present it at the time of any document verification session. It will help you in explaining the mistake in the certificate and your identification by the verification authorities.

    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

  • It may be a minor one to you but while comparing with other documents, the minor difference may found bigger.Name,father's name,Date of birth are the basic details which required till our last breath for anything to be proved and they should be similar and a correct one in all documents. The school certificate for seniors and birth certificates for youngsters become a valid one. As the date of birth is deciding matters in one's life till his end,much care should be taken in the beginning itself. School certificate,college certificates,aadhaar,Pan card,voter Id, driving license should tally each other. You immediately approach in person to the college authorities and get corrected. No correspondences will yield good result rather than personal approach. Your delay will make the matter more delay.
    The name,father's name surname etc., should be get verified even at the stage of collecting from school leaving itself as the same become base documents for the further studies as well for employment or anything.

  • Sign In to post your comments