You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Indian Law

    Will the space in father's name create any problem?

    Will a difference of space in the name be problematic? Read what our experts have to say about it.

    My father's name in 10th mark sheet is Raj Kumar and in Aadhar card it is Rajkumar. Will the problem of space create any problems in the future? Since he is no more now, can I get his name changed in the Aadhar card by giving my 10th certificate as a proof?
  • Answers

    7 Answers found.
  • There is no problem if your father's name is the same in all your education certificates. The Gap in the spelling may not be a big problem. But it should not be different from one certificate to other. But on the safe side, it is always better to get it changed. As mentioned by you, Aadhaar can be corrected. You can approach any Aadhaar service centre like bank or meseva centre and get the needful done. Another method is to get an affidavit made with father's correct name. for this, you can approach any lawyer in your area who will guide you correctly.

    always confident

  • As your father is no more, it may not be possible to get the Aadhar card corrected.

    What you can do is go for a legal affidavit by contacting a lawyer. As your father is no more this affidavit is to be signed by you only. The affidavit is to be prepared in such a way that it should appear written from your side because you will have to sign it.

    The affidavit should bring out clearly the personal details of yourself and your father. After this, it should mention the correct name of your father versus his name as reflecting in the certificates and Aadhar card. Under this solemn oath and undertaking, you have to mention that all the information provided in the affidavit are correct and true.

    Once the affidavit is prepared ask your lawyer to check it thoroughly so that there are no typing mistakes or misleading information.

    You have to sign this affidavit in presence of a first class magistrate who will countersign it under his seal. This affidavit now becomes an authentic document for you.

    Now keep this affidavit with you and show it to any authority who is verifying your father's documents for any purpose.

    Knowledge is power.

  • This appears to be a mistake of minor nature but it is better to take up the corrective actions.

    I am not sure whether changes in Aadhar card are allowed posthumously but one thing which you can consider is going for a legal affidavit to mitigate this problem.

    Legal affidavit is a legal document where these mistakes are detailed along with the details of the person to whom it belongs and is to be signed by the affected person (in this case yourself) and is also to be countersigned by the Magistrate in the court. The document is to be scribed by a lawyer whom you will be hiring for the purpose.

    Once the affidavit is signed by he Magistrate then keep it with you and wherever the mistake in name is pointed out you have to show this affidavit in support of the fact that both the names indicate to the same person.

    I think this will suffice to help you in resolving your problem.

    Thoughts exchanged is knowledge gained.

  • Space in name of yours, father's,mother's will definitely makes confusion as many places the computers are comparing. In some cases the space in name of any of you/father/mother will mean otherwise. So,it is good to have all certificates with similar names. Name,father's name,Date of birth are the basic details which required till our last breath for anything to be proved and they should be similar and a correct one in all documents. The school certificate for seniors and birth certificates for youngsters become a valid one. As the date of birth is deciding matters in one's life till his end,much care should be taken in the beginning itself. School certificate,college certificates,aadhaar,Pan card,voter Id, driving license should tally each other. You immediately approach in person to the college authorities and get corrected. No correspondences will yield good result rather than personal approach. Your delay will make the matter more delay.
    The name,father's name surname etc., should be get verified even at the stage of collecting from school leaving itself as the same become base documents for the further studies as well for employment or anything.

  • Though a minor spacing would be noticeable at the first instance and it might not hamper the process of verification but the safe process would be to replace the Aadhar card so as to have uniform spacing in respect of name of your father.
    You need to approach a lawyer who will eventually take care of the maintaining space in the Aadhar card as being maintained in your class ten certificate. Since your father is not alive you will have to put your signature in the bottom side of the affidavit in lieu of your father and finally it will be produced before the Rotary - magistrate for its final signature. Get it published the same in a local newspaper apart from English daily. Preserve this cutting to be shown to the verification- agency in case the situation arises.

  • There is definitely a discrepancy in respect of your father's name, however minor it may be. It may create a problem for you in future. Then, what should be done?

    I suggest you to check your father's documents, e.g., PAN Card, AADHAR Card or Election id card of your father. Please note the name written in these documents.

    Then check your own documents and find out which documents do not mention your father's name correctly. Apply to those authorities to correct your father's name with supporting documents (photocopies of your father's documents where the name is written correctly). In most of the cases, the authorities will make the correction.

    If the authorities decline to correct your father's name in your documents, your father will have to sign an affidavit stating that Raj Kumar and Rajkumar are same. He is required to issue similar advertisements in two papers. Both of you must carefully preserve the original affidavit and advertisements.

    “Khamosh rahoon toh mushkil hain, keh doon toh shikayat hoti hain" (It is difficult to remain silent; But if I speak, they complain.) --------- Saba Afghani

  • I don't think it will create any problem for this small mistake in the name, since there is no mistake in the spelling.
    But if any issue occurs, you can always show the original identity of your father.
    Since you have not mentioned, which is the correct one that he uses, we can't advice you to pursue the one, in regard with the procedures to correct them if necessary.
    However, it isn't impossible to make changes in the Aadhar Card. You can try it online, or can visit the respective Aadhar Card Office in your area to make the necessary changes.

  • Sign In to post your comments