You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Teaching Jobs

    Is M.Tech software engineering eligible for APPSC degree college computer science lecturer

    Are you planning to apply to a degree college for a lecturer position after studying UG and PG Engineering? Want to know if you are eligible? Resolve your doubt by reading answers from our ISC experts on this page.

    I have done my graduation B.Tech in computer science and engineering ; and my post gradutation M.Tech in Software Engineering,. I have qualified in UGC net. Now i have a doubt whether I am eligible for Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission Degree college lecturer in Computer Science.
    Can you clarify my doubt?
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • Lecturer ship in Govt Degree colleges are through the route of NET or SET. NET is National Eligibility Test while SET is State Eligibility Test. One has to qualify in NET or SET and then apply for this post. For private colleges these are not the mandatory conditions.

    UGC has stipulated the minimum eligibility for lecturer post as either PhD in the respective discipline or qualify in NET or SET. This exam consists of three papers. One is for the assessment of reasoning ability, thinking and comprehension ability of candidates are tested through the first paper. The other two exams are on subjects opted by the candidates.

    PhD candidates are exempted for undergoing NET or SET test.

    If you have qualified UGC NET test then you can very well apply for the post of lecturer.

    Knowledge is power.

  • You have an degree and already qualified in NET. Then you are eligible for a lecturer post in any university, government college or private college. You need not worry. APPSC will not give any special notification for Lecturer post. But they will give notification for Junior Lecturer posts. You are eligible for applying for that also. It is only for intermediate students.
    I heard that shortly the government is thinking of making a PhD as mandatory for lecturer post. But so far it is not there. So you can apply for any lecturer post with M Tech and NET qualified. A PhD need not appear for NET and he can directly apply for lecturer post.

    always confident

  • In order to get a job as a lecturer in a Government Engineering College , you need to get a M. Tech degree with at least a high second class ( the average aggregate mark should not be less than 55 percent) and at the same time, you need to qualify either NET or SET. The former is known as National Eligibility Test and later is known as State Eligibility Test.
    NET test will include the two papers connected with the choice made by the candidate during the Post Graduation Course and it will also carry a paper of reasoning and Mathematical - ability.
    Final selection would be done upon clearing the written papers followed by the satisfactory performance in the viva.
    This criteria is not applicable for the aspirants opting for a Private Engineering College.
    NET or SET is not required for the Ph.D holders.

  • Unfortunately, the last date for sending application to the Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission for 2019 was 08.02.2019.
    But for the coming years you can be prepared for the test, as you are qualified to appear for the exam, provided there is a vacancy in the subject of Computer Science in the year you are going to apply.
    For appearing in Andhra Pradesh PSC exams, you don't need a NET certificate essentially, but that will definitely make your candidature more preferable than others, apart from the marks you score in the exam.but only a 50% of marks in the subject you are applying, both in graduation and post graduation level. In your case, it s Computer Science, and you should have the same subject pursued both in Graduation and Post Graduation level. The upper age limit for these posts is 42 years.
    For more detailed information you can refer to the following website address:

  • Sign In to post your comments