• Category: Software

"mbam.exe-application error" problem

Facing an error in software installation on laptop? Searching for help and advice to carry out the installation? Find responses from our ISC experts on this page which may prove useful to proceed with the installation.

I can't install any important software in my laptop. Before installation I can see a box titled by 'mbam.exe. application error'.
    Please solve my problem.
    I can't install antivirus in it. I have Windows 10 which I updated already. But some of applications are not working on it like KOPLAYER/NOX PLAYER/BYTE FENCE ANTIVIRUS or similar applications.

• I feel you should take it to the concerned company from where you have purchased the laptop and show it to them and explain the problem. They will understand the whole issue in a better way and they will offer you a better solution and they will make it alright and give you back. Windows 10 is the latest version and there is no problem with the software.
    Otherwise, you have to complete delete all the information from the computer and get it formatted again and then start afresh. Before doing that if you have any important information you have to store it on an external disc or on a flash drive and then only you should get it formatted.

• Please note that mbar.exe is an executable file but it might be a hidden virus or trojan horse in your computer. You can try to uninstall it through the control panel if you get a signature of that there with similar name or resembling name.

It can also be removed with the help of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software which has a free version available.

I will suggest you to get the computer checked by the dealer or some reputed service centre so that they can diagnose the problem and rectify it.

• Looks like you have already installed some antivirus softwares. Usually antivirus or anti malware producing companies blocks some memory and registry which triggers when you attempt to install new anti virus. Usually you supposed to remove existing antivirus before installing new ones. Very few are compatible with each other to run parallel but it will slow down your PC.

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software uses Mbat.exe program which is blocking your new installations. Uninstall Malwarebytes software. Before uninstall make sure you are not connected to internet. Because as soon as antivirus uninstalled internet can break through firewall and push malwares.