• Category: Teaching Jobs

Already Qualified UGC NET, am I eligible to apply for Assistant Professor?

Do you want to know the eligibility to apply for the post of Asst Professor? Check here to know more details from our ISC experts.

My M Tech (2017-2019) coursework is already done, still waiting for my 3rd semister result.

I have already qualified UGC NET in July 2018, moreover, I got the certificate for it saying I would need to complete my Mtech before July 2020.

Obviously, I will finish before July 2019 but in this last semester where only the thesis part is left, I want to apply for Assistant Professor Job in a Govt Institute.

Am I eligible?

• You have to see the advertisement for the post for which you are applying. If there is no advertisement then find out the details of eligibility criterion and other cut off dates from their administrative offices.

If that cut off date suits to you and it is specified that candidates who complete their M.Tech successfully by such and such date are also eligible then you can very well apply for the same.

There are vacancies advertised on central, state and institution levels for the post of lecturers and there will be different cut off dates and selection pattern so you have to carefully see that before applying.

• I am taking with respect to a specific advertisement that says eligibility as per UGC Norms.

• I hope that you are doing your M.Tech. from a UGC recognised institute or university.

As per your NET qualification and expected timely completion of M.Tech., you are eligible to apply for the lecturer post against the specific advertisement as mentioned by you.

Now go through the advertisement in details and find out the date by which you should be able to present your M.Tech. degree successfully completing proof during the document verification.

If you are getting your degree or provisional result document say sometime in September or October 2019 and their cut off date is say 15th July 2019 then they will not consider your candidature for these posts.

I think I have made it clear and you can now please check in the particular advertisement or enquire with them.