You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Central Government

    Name change suggestion for UPSC Urgent

    Do you want to change your Name and how to go about the UPSC Exam 2019? Check this ISC page to learn more details from our experts.

    I want to appear for UPSC 2019 but I have to change my name after Post Graduation. On my 10th, 12th, Graduation, Post Graduation certificate, birth certificate, and caste certificate old name is there. And on PAN card and Aadhaar my new name is mentioned. While filling up the form they required photo ID and need to be uploaded the same. Kindly suggest what should I do?
  • Answers

    1 Answers found.
  • Your old name is reflecting in your 10th, 12th, Graduation, Post Graduation, birth certificate, and caste certificate and the new name is there in PAN and Aadhaar card.

    Now there are ways to get it done. One is get your PAN and Aadhaar card name change to old name. Other is get the old name changed to new name in all of your educational credentials including birth and caste certificates. Both of these options are cumbersome and lengthy.

    Another solution is go for a legal affidavit. Consult a lawyer who will prepare it for you. It will contain all the details about these discrepancies in your certificates and mention it along with the copies attached with this affidavit.

    You have to sign this affidavit in presence of a first class magistrate who will endorse and sign it under his seal.

    Keep a copy of this affidavit wherever you are being called for document verification or such verification.

    What about your new name. Have you got it through gazette notification by publishing in newspaper and followed the procedure then that document is itself vouch for this change and you will not have any hassle in the matter.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Sign In to post your comments