You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Career Guidance

    What are the eligible educational qualifications to be a lecturer in political science

    Completing graduation in Hindi but wish to become a lecturer in political science? Find out from the Ask Expert advice here whether you can do your post graduation in political science and be eligible to teach the subject in college.

    I am a student of BA Hindi Hons., 2nd year. I have political science in G.E. (Generative Elective) and I want to be a political science lecturer. However, now I am confused. Can I do political science in M.A. and become a Lecturer in the subject? Is this possible after completing graduation in a different subject (Hindi)?
  • Answers

    2 Answers found.
  • For admission into MA Political Science, a pass in Graduation with minimum of 45 to 50% marks is the eligibility criteria. Even B.Sc persons can also join in this course. So you need not to worry for admission to Political Science PG course after your graduation in Hindi. There will be an entrance examination and you have to write the exam and based on the rank obtained you will be given a seat.
    However, to become a lecturer in that subject simple PG is not sufficient. After completing your PG you have to appear for the NET exam conducted by CBSE on behalf of UGC/CSIR. If you are qualified in this exam only you will become eligible for lecturer post in government colleges with UGC scale. A PhD can directly apply for the post. He need not go for the NET exam. However private colleges may give lecturer post with PG but salaries will be less only.

    always confident

  • It seems that you have a liking and interest in Political Science and you want to make a career as a lecturer in this subject.

    So after graduation, you can go for M.A. in Political Science and try to get a good rank or score in that. This will help you later while shortlisting of candidates for appointment against the lecturer posts.

    Next important thing is to qualify in the National Eligibility Test (NET) after which you can apply for lecturership in colleges or universities.

    Another option is that after M.A. go for research work and attain a PhD degree. In that case you need not to go through NET route.

    Alternatively, there are many other options also after M.A. and if needed you can separately explore them. After post graduation you have opportunity in journalism, law, public relation etc.

    Knowledge is power.

  • Sign In to post your comments