The other important and widely used are PHP, Java, Python, Ruby, Perl, C++ and SQL. A brief about these is as below -
(2) PHP - It is also a widely used one and is an HTML embedded scripting language. It quickly produces dynamic pages. PHP is useful in expanding a web app very swiftly and easily. PHP code is directly fixed into an HTML source rather than residing in an external file. Some big sites like WordPress, Digg and Facebook use PHP in their architecture.
(3) Java - It is said to be the top most programming language in the industry. It is a class-based, OOPs language and is planned to function across various software platforms including OS X as well as Windows.
(4) Python - It is an advanced language and ideal for websites and mobile applications. It encompasses many programming paradigms such as OOPs, structured programming and functional programming. Many web developers are using this language due to its flexibility and the broad range of application. Python can run on LINUX as well as Windows based servers.
(5) Ruby - Ruby is a simple user-friendly language for beginners but it is a powerful and object-oriented scripting for developing the websites. It is used for the programming of mobile apps and websites both.
(6) Perl - Perl presents unique tools for system programming. It is a well acknowledged programming language in the web development field. This language is an interpreted script language and can be easily compilable into a dual executable byte code.
(7) C++ - It is capable of low-level memory manipulation and has object-oriented programming facets. It was in fact designed to boost the C language but simultaneously it was used for web development. C++ is used in software like Firefox, Winamp, Windows and Adobe.
(8) SQL - It is a Structured Query Language and is used for web development. Its main use is for query purposes which is done through informational databases.
Knowledge is power.