• Category: Dermatology

Which water based foundation or BB cream should I use?

Interested in knowing the best creams reducing pimples? Searching for skin related advice and home remedies apart from facials and beauty or makeup products? Find advice from ISC experts on this page and decide how to become pimple free.

My skin is acne prone skin. I used to have acne or pimples on my cheeks and little bit small white heads or black heads still do appear on my nose. I am 27 years old unmarried lady. I had visited dermatologist since from 10th Oct 2018 and now my cheeks are pimple free. My doctor had advised me not to opt for any facials in beauty salon and even not to use makeup products. But now I am getting married in this April, as my doctor had advised me I won't go for facials but atleast I have to put on makeup on this special day. So kindly advise me which water based foundation or BB cream would be best for me, which I could use after my marriage in any relevant functions and using such product my skin remains pimple-free like it is now.

• Water-based are also not completely oil-free. The first and major ingredient is water and the second or third ingredient is some kind of oil or emollient slip agent. These foundations look like thick liquid and pour slowly. They are perfect for women with normal to dry skin.
    Most water-based foundations are good for those with normal to dry skin. They are good for these skin types to wear without a moisturizer also.
    You can try any of the following. But I advise you to just tell the item you have selected to doctor and take his opinion and tell him that this is for temporary use.
    1. MAC Face And Body Foundation
    2.Lakme Invisible Finish Foundation
    3.Lakme Silk Natural Foundation
    4.Lakme Absolute White Intense Skin Cover Foundation
    5.Revlon Touch And Glow Cost
    6.Lotus Pure Radiance Foundation

• BB cream commonly means 'Beauty Balm' and was invented in Germany in 1950s for the use of the people after laser treatments.

It is a combined beauty product and claims to act like a moisturizer, primer, foundation and sun blocker. They are generally used for complexion even outing and protect the skin in many ways including protection from sun rays.

Most of the BB creams contain Anti-oxidants (Vitamins A, C, and E), Moisturizers (glycerin and hyaluronic acid), Light-reflecting ingredients (mica), Silicone-based ingredients (dimethicone) and Sunscreens (zinc oxide or titanium dioxide).

Some BB creams are more suitable for fighting acne while others are more effective as sunscreen. So you have the choose the right formulation.

Some of the good BB creams are - Maybelline New York Dream Pure BB Cream Skin Clearing Perfector, Missha M Perfect Cover, Garnier Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector BB Cream, L'Oreal Paris Magic Skin Beautifier BB Cream and Smashbox Camera Ready BB Water SPF 30.