Age eligible for 10th CBSE exam in Karnataka

Have a query about eligibility for tenth standard? Searching for the criteria specially for CBSE boards? Check out this page and get answers to all your queries.

My son is born on 21.1.2009. Now he is writing exam for 5th STD CBSE.
    If I calculate for 10th STD exam, he will write on 2024 March. That time his age completes 15 yrs 4 months 10 days as on 31st of May 2024. Some schools say he is not eligible to write 10th exam that time. Saying that one more time he should study 5th STD again. What should I do. Can you tell me the correct answer for my son's future?

• The minimum age for attending CBSE 10th examination is 14 years to be completed by January of that year. As per your calculation your son completes 14 years by the time he attends 10th examination. So there will not be any problem.

• As per the CBSE guidelines, the student should complete 15 years by the 31st December of the year of his appearing in the 10th examination.

Now in your case, your son is appearing this year in the exam for class 5 and he will be appearing in class 10 exam in the year 2024.

Let us now calculate his age as on 31st December of 2024. As his DOB is 21.01.2009 so he will be attaining the age of 15 years and 11 months as on 31.12.2024.

So he qualifies for the minimum age criterion. He can appear in the class 10 exam in the year 2024.

• The eligibility criteria for appearing in the class ten examination for the CBSE Board is 15 years on the 31 st December of the year when he is to appear for the final examination of class ten. Since his date of birth is 21. 01. 2009 and is likely to appear class ten examination in March 2024. On 31 st December in the same year, his age will be 15 years 11 month.
    The eligibility criteria for appearing CBSE class ten is 15 years on the 31 st December of the same year and hence your son is eligible to write the same examination.