Career in defence after my btech in mechanical.

Interested in taking up a career in the defence sector? Searching for how to build this career or any suitable le academy which can help to build the career? Scroll through this page and get all tSC experts .

I have completed my BTech from Mechanical stream (2019) and now I want to join defence. Can you suggest me the process of how to build my career in defence? I want to serve my country in defence. Can you suggest me any defence academy where I can build my career?

• There are many ways to join defence services after graduation. The following are good for engineering graduates.
    Air Force Common Admission Test is an entrance examination for Defense Services. graduates in science and engineering are eligible to appear for this exam. The exam will be conducted two times a year. The test will be on c Numerical ability, Verbal ability, General awareness, Reasoning and Military aptitude. The candidates who are selected in the entrance test will be called for a Service Selection Board (SSB) interview. IT is a five-day interview process. The candidates will be assessed to see whether they Qualities to become an officer. The interview will carry out psychological assessments, intelligence test, group tasks, and a personal interview. The candidates who are selected will be sent for medical test. Once you clear the medical test, you will be offered a post.
    If you want to be in the technical branch, you have to appear in the Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT)
    Common Defense Service Examination is another entrance examination to enter defence services. Through CDSE, one can enter the Indian Military Academy or Officers Training Academy). The Syllabus of this will includes General Awareness, English and Mathematics.
    3. NCC- If you were involved in National Cadet Cops and managed to secure at least B grade in their C level certificate then you are allowed to directly sit for SSB. NCC certificate also helps in reducing cut off marks in SSB.

Other eligibility criteria will be:
    1. You are below 25 years
    2. You are unmarried
    3. You have scored at least 60% in your graduation

In addition to the above, you can also write NDA examination or you can apply for DRDO Scientist posts also.

• Dear Aditya, we really appreciate your desire to join the armed forces and serve the nation. As indicated by Dr. Srinivasa Rao , there are many avenues to join the armed forces. A professional like you could join the armed forces in different branches at the level of commissioned Officer.

The UPSC will release an advertisement inviting applications from the eligible candidates. The advertisement is released twice a year during September-October and January- April. You need to apply against the advertisement.

Parallelly, some wings of armed forces also conduct campus recruitment through which candidates are selected for the respective wings of the armed forces.

"If you don’t understand my silence, you will not understand my words"
    Unknown

• First of all I would like to thank Dr. N.V. Srinivasa rao Sir and Krishnadas sir for giving response to build my career. Thanks a lot sir.

And sir please I request you to provide me the name of sites where I can fill the form
    Thanks

• For technically qualified people having a degree of B.Tech. or B.E., the defence sectors presents good opportunities in its technical wing.

So there are ample opportunities for a B.Tech. person to get job in the technical wing of Air-force or Indian Army or Navy. They can also be accommodated in defence departments like DRDO, Ordinance factory and Armed forces companies.

UPSC, the apex service commission of our country holds a combined exam known as CDS (Combined Defence Services) for recruitment of technically qualified persons in armed forces.

The basic eligibility for these services is that the applicant should have a degree of B.Tech. or B.E. and should be of Indian nationality having age ranging between 19 to 24 years for army and 19-23 years for the other two wings (Air-force and Navy). The applicant should also have an unmarried status. One should possess certain physical and visual health standard before applying in defence sector. You will find it in the detailed application brochure on UPSC online portal.

There is another way also to enter the defence segment and that is through the technical entry scheme. The age limit for this is from 20 to 27 years and the candidates should have obtained at least 60% aggregate in B.Tech.

Those who are only interested in Air-force they can go for AFCAT exam. After this one can get absorbed in Flying branch or Technical branch or Ground duty branch of Air-force.

You can get all the details about the recruitment process, application form and eligibility criterion in the following UPSC sites -
    www.upsc.gov.in/apply-online
    www.upsconline.nic.in

Best of luck.