Sandhi Vata is similar to Arthritis. This problem will be there for aged people. This is due to the ageing effect of your body parts.
It is not hereditary.
This will be due to lack of sufficient strength in the joints. The problem will start with pain in the joints and then go to inflammation. It may go up to very high and some times we feel we can't move.
The best way to getting it reduced is to get the SUZOK treatment for these pains and other problems. There will not be any medicines to take and need not to apply any medicine outside also.
You have to go and see a SUZOK practitioner in your area. They are available in almost all major cities and towns. They will do the treatment. Definitely, it will come down but the time required will depend on the severity of the problem. Initially, you may have to go 4 days continuously for that treatment after that 2 days in a week may be sufficient. You can try that.
Coming to Ayurveda there are medicines also in this. But it depends on the age of the patient, severity of the problem. So it is advisable to see a good Ayurvedic doctor. He will guide you as required. However, the following are some used in Ayurveda for treatment.
1. Nirgundi is one of the most commonly used herbs used for this problem. The plant will be useful to reduce swelling as well as pain. The Nirgundi oil can be applied to joints. Leaves can be made into a paste and apply to joints. A leaf decoction can also be made and used.
2. Dashmool is a mix of ten medicinal herbs that are used to cure a variety of ailments. Dashmool will be made by mixing five roots are of trees and five are of shrubs. These include patala, gambhari, brihati, shalparni and more. Dashmula is effective for this problem. It is an anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant, analgesic and sedative.
3. Ajwain is a natural aid to arthritis. This will have anti-inflammatory components. It will have anaesthetic properties. This will help in relieving excessive pain during winter.
4. Shallaki herb is known to keep joints strong and relieve from any pain. It will reduce the pain, help in diminishing the swelling and increase mobility.
5. Eucalyptus oil is a common herbal treatment for arthritis. This plant leaves contain tannins which will be helpful in reducing swelling and the pain.