The central universities will be under the ministry of HRD, Government of India. The Vice-Chancellor will be appointed by the central government and he will do the other appointments as per the rules and regulations from time to time. To be an Assistant Professor one should have PG qualification in the concerned subject and he should get qualified in the NET examination that is conducted by UGC/CSIR. The persons who obtained their PhD before 2009 need not appear for the NET examination and they can apply for the posts as it is. Their nature of duties and responsibilities will be as follows.
1. They have to make, implement and use innovative instructional methods.
2. They have to Develop professional logistics
3. They have to Guide, lead and mentor research scholars and the progress of the various research projects
sanctioned to them.
4. They have to evaluate and monitor the progress of the student.
5. They have to mentor the students as per the requirements of the students so that they will progress well
6. Career-enhancement programs and activities are to be created, innovated and implemented by them
7. They have to supervise and support teaching assistants.
8. They have to participate in departmental and college activities.
9. They have to serve and support the functional activities of departmental committees.