Psoriasis is a chronic autoimmune condition. It will cause the rapid buildup of skin cells. This buildup causes scaling on the surface of the Skin.
Around the scales, you will find Inflammation and redness. These scales will be whitish-silver. They develop into thick, red patches. Sometimes you will find bleeding from these scales.
In some people, the skin development will be fast. Hence the skin cells don't fall off. Hence the build up skin cells will happen.
These scales will develop in joints like knees, elbows. hands, feet, neck, scalp and face. It is very likely to be
associated with other conditions like type 2 diabetes, inflammatory bowel disease and heart disease
The following may help you in getting this problem cured.
1. Dietary supplements may help in reducing psoriasis symptoms from the inside. Fish oil, vitamin D, milk thistle, aloe vera, Oregon grape, and evening primrose oil may help to reduce the symptoms of psoriasis.
2. You should Prevent dry skin. Always maintain some humidity in the atmosphere to stay in. It will prevent dry skin. Skin moisturizers are good to keep your skin oily. Best moisturiser is Coconut oil.
3. Most soaps and perfumes have dyes which may irritate your skin. They also inflame psoriasis. It is better to avoid such products.
4. Avoid meat and fatty snacks. Cold water fish, seeds, nuts, and omega-3 fatty acids are helpful for curing psoriasis symptoms. Olive oil may be applied to the skin.
5. Hot water is not good for this skin. A lukewarm water with Epsom salt, mineral oil, milk, or olive oil is advisable. Apply Moisturizer soon after you had your bath.
6. ultraviolet light therapy is good for reducing this problem. It requires some sittings with the doctor. So you contact a skin specialist for this light treatment.
7. Yoga and meditation are good for releasing stress. Higher stress may flare up psoriasis. So try not to have stress and practice yoga and meditation.
8. Drinking alcohol is not good for this problem. Avoid alcohol.
9. Turmeric is the best medicine for this problem. Take turmeric powder in your vegetables and other foods. You can apply turmeric paste wherever the skin is affected. It will give a very good result.
10. Never smoke. Smoking will flare up this problem. So please don't take any tobacco products.
11. There are very good medicines for this problem in Homeopathy. You please consult a homeo physician who can give you good medicines and suggest the measures to be taken to come out of this problem.