You are pursuing B.Tech-CSE and this is your 2nd year, a best time to start preparing for GATE examination. You might have elective papers included in your current year. GATE is easy when you start preparing from 2nd year because core paper started in this year and have enough time for the preparation.
I still remember my days, I was in the same situation and there were lot of confusions regarding career selection like whether to join software company after B.Tech or prepare for Government jobs. I have qualified GATE-2013 and 2014 with good score.
As per my personal experience, GATE is more easier compare to IBPS for engineering student. There are 25 times more competitors for IBPS examinations than GATE examination. Both Tech and Non-Tech graduates are eligible for IBPS examinations.
If you start preparing from now, you will definitely get good score in GATE. Please focus on below points that may help you getting good score in GATE.
1. Buy a GATE preparation materials for Computer Science from MADE Easy or from any other institutions. Course contents are same for all.
2. Buy a handbook for GATE-CSE. This help you to quickly refer the key points.
3. Make sure your basic concepts are clear till your current year. Refer materials for the papers that you are studying in 2nd year and try to solve the questions. Get in touch with the faculties of your core papers.
4. Few papers are scoring papers in GATE like - Discrete mathematics, Operating System, DBMS, Theory of Computation, Computer Network, Computer Architecture and General Aptitude.
5. Join an online test series for GATE, this will let you know about time management. This way you can test yourself.
6. Time management plays a vital role, so buy a GATE question bank and try to solve the questions. You may face difficulties as most of the questions have mixed concepts from various topics.
Wish you all the best for your carrier. If you have any further query, you may post questions on indiastudychannel.