Whatsapp finally released a web version, that's not easy to open in any browser. Whatsapp for time being will open the web version through Google chrome only.
And the Google chrome should be installed on computer, not in a tab or phone.
1. Firstly to open a web version WhatsApp you need to update the whatsapp to the latest version & then only you will be finding an option as WhatsApp web in the menu option on your phone.
2. Next you can't open an account with the web version on desktop. You should have a account in your phone with Android, windows or iPhone users. Then only you can open a web version WhatsApp.
3. Then after, if you want to open a web version WhatsApp. You should first type WhatsApp web in your computer on Google chrome browser.
4. The page opens & it displays a QR code on the right side of the page & on the left side it clearly shows the steps to be followed in the mobile to connect with web version WhatsApp.
5. In your mobile go to menu, it shows a drop down menu with an option called whatsapp web. Click on it.
6. It opens a scanner, just scan the QR code on your chrome browser. The phone will vibrate & it automatically connects to the computer.
7. Only one connection can be done at once.
8. Ensure your mobile is connected with internet connection. Otherwise you will not be able to connect your phone.
9. You can view your all chat heads on web version which are in your phone.
8. At this moment only some features are allowed to use from your web version.
Like you cannot update your status on web version.
You can't exit from the group or delete the group.
9. The attachments will work in both ways, when you send an attachment from the computer, it will reflect on your phone too.
10. Nothing is saved on the desktop after the phone is disconnected, unless you download it on the desktop.
11. No one will know that you are typing a message from desktop or from mobile.
12. The web version will use your mobile internet only, if your phone is disconnected the web version shows your are offline.
Benefits of desktop/web version:
The only advantage I found is you can chat through the keyboard & attachments can be easily sent from computer.
Your phone battery drains very quickly.