You have done diploma in IT so it is good for you to pursue your core subject in B.Sc. or B.Tech. For diploma holders there is a provision of lateral entry in B.Sc. as well as B.Tech and you will get admission in 2nd year of these courses. There was some confusion in this in case of B.Sc. as some of the colleges were insisting the diploma holders to join in 1st year itself. But that confusion is removed now as many universities including Mumbai University has clarified that the admission will be done in 2nd year.
You can go for B.Sc. or B.Tech. in IT as job opportunities are almost same but only difference is B.Tech. is considered as an engineering degree and from that point of view there will be some variation in scope of job in the industries and engineering organisations. Even after doing graduation you will have to acquire some short term certificate courses in the line of your interest for making the job hunting smooth and easier. Today there are many sub areas in IT and one has to get expertise in a particular one for growth in ones career. Some of these areas are data base management, animation, digital marketing, web design and web hosting, financial softwares, system management, networking, software development etc.
Some of the good colleges in and near Thane are as follows -
(A) For B.Sc. IT:
1. Birla College of Arts, Science & Commerce, Thane.
2. Sheth NKTT College of Commerce and Sheth JTT College of Arts, Thane.
3. St Gonsalo Garcia College, Thane.
4. Model College Dombivli, Thane.
5. BN Bandodkar College of Science, Thane.
6. Smt. Chandibai Himathmal Mansukhani College, Thane.
7. Abhinav Shetkari Shikshan Mandal Degree College, Thane.
(B) For B.Tech. IT:
1. Shree LR tiwari College of Engineering, Thane.
2. Universal College of Engineering, Thane.
3. Vishwatmak Om Gurudev College of Engineering, Thane.
4. A P Shah Institute of Technology, Thane.
One thing I will like to advise you is that IT is an area where newer things are being introduced by the companies regularly and the consumer choice and liking is also changing very fast. So try to keep abreast with the new innovations and ideas being pushed in IT markets. This will keep you updated and will be very useful in interviews or counselling sessions.
Knowledge is power.