You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Confused about choosing a path in my career

    Are you confused about choosing a career path after MTech and current job? Looking out for advice about how to get into IT? On this Ask Expert page find responses to all your queries.

    I have a question related to choosing my career path.
    I am currently 29 and have completed M.Tech (CS) & worked for almost 6 years in teaching. Now I have resigned from my job for betterment of my career. Because of my teaching experience for 6 years I am unable to get a job in IT.

    Is there any way to get a job in IT based on my previous experience?
  • Answers

    1 Answers found.
  • After M.Tech, you might have gone immediately for an IT job. But you worked as a lecturer for 6 years. Generally, in the IT industry, many companies may like to take freshers and train them as per their requirement. Even for lateral entry, they like people to have experience in the field they have the projects. So you will face some problem in getting a good job.
    There are many laboratories of central and state governments for R&D in various sciences. They will be recruiting scientists at various levels and some IT jobs will also be there in those laboratories. They will consider teaching experience also as experience for the post. So please keep watch on various government job notifications and apply for the posts which are suitable for your qualification and experience. You may be eligible for scientist' C' or 'D'.
    Otherwise, there may be some small companies in IT where they don't get highly experienced people as their salary structures are less may consider your Candidature for a senior position in their company. I advise you to upload your CV on and Search for vacancies and apply for suitable posts.

    always confident

  • Sign In to post your comments