I liked the points mentioned by mr. Natarajan, & a good post for suggestion. Now coming to my points that i have to make are :
1. I don't want my girls to get married ever in their life. But I will never force my girls to fulfill my this wish. Final decision will be theirs only.
- You have kept the choice to your children & that is a welcome note, but what made you think this way. You have mentioned that you were not very happy and satisfied with your marriage (though it is not too worst if I compare with others). It's actually how you take it. There are always ups and down in a relationship, the divorce cases are increasing but that is only one side. There are many ideal families that can be looked on.
2. I just want both of them to study hard, achieve good heights in their career and be with each other only.
- This is always the first preference of all parents. We want our children to have all the facilities which we lagged. A good decision.
3. They can adopt a baby girl in their 30s to enjoy motherhood.
- Do you think, just to enjoy motherhood, they need to adopt. Can the bonding be the same. The one who carried for 9 months always have a special attachment to the kid than an adopted parents. Now, I am not comparing to the couples who cannot become parents due to one or other reason. Do have a second thought.
4. I want both of them to migrate from India and settle in Canada, Australia or any other developed country as I think that India is not a good country for girls. Woman empowerment is just a topic to discuss here. A woman can never be empowered in this country.
- You really think so? Not me. Our culture & traditions are much better. Now just because, we hear or read about rapes, etc, and saying your children will be safer in other countries is wrong. Every where in the world has some or the other problems. Bullying, rapes, pervertness, terrorism, racism. India is a democratic country & you have the freedom which many countries don't have. Don't you think so?
5. Am I right or not with such a mentality?
- There is no right or wrong. It all depends on how or what we have faced in our life. You might have had or lived in such situation that you feel so, not a problem but as they say " Grass is green on the other side", so is your thought at present.
6.What will be pros and cons if my girls remain unmarried for their lifetime?
Pros : They can live a free life. No one to answer & enjoy life at all stage.
Cons : The shoulder that we look for when in trouble, will be missing & may have to depend on strangers at times.
Limit your "alway's" and your "never's." - Amy Poehler??