The Mayor is the respected post having numerous responsibilities within his city- premises irrespective of the size of the city. A few responsibilities carried out by him are listed below-
1) Maintenance of peace within the premises - The Mayor would coordinate with the Police - personnel, Town - administrator and other law enforcing agencies to restore peace in his region. Hence a periodical meeting is conducted with the connected officials and review the progress in the similar line.
2) Supervising the cleaning procedures - He would watch the cleaning activity of the township and if any flaw found in this area, remedial steps would be taken with the consultation of the concerned officials. He is all the more sensetive when there is a break - out any epidemics such as Cholera, Dengue, Chicken - pox so that these disease can be brought under control.
3) Presentation of various budgets for the maintenance of the city is carried out by him. If any further allocation is needed, he would take an appropriate decision.
4) The Mayor would watch the activities of the schools, Hospitals and Collges lying in the city.
5) The Mayor is supposed to be head of the city and as such he commands enormous respect from the citizens of the town.