Right on property of Husband or Wife before divorce or death of a partner
Facing marital issues and want to dissolve the marriage? Wondering what to do ahead? Resolve your worries by going through the advice provide by our counsellors from ISC and decide further plan of action.
1st scenario :
The couple were married in 1989 and has a daughter but after 2 years, the husband went off and never returned. Now, he is married to another women and have 2 kids but without divorce from the first wife. Now if, anything happens or he dies, who is entitled to his property?
- Can the first wife and her daughter (now 29 years) and married claim her rights on his property? - How can they claim their rights, if any?
- Can the second wife claim any right on her husband without divorcing the first wife.
2nd scenario :
The couple is married in 2014 but about to split-up. They have 2 daughters but not yet applied for severance. Now if anything happens to husband/wife,
- Who stands the chance on their property if will is not made.
- The property of the husband is not divide, what is the chances that his wife/husband can claim right on their ancestral property.
- Can husband claim right on wife's property, if any?
- What if the husband makes a will saying, she reserves no right on his property?
3rd scenario :
The couple is married for 5 years and going to apply for dissolution. They have 2 daughters and are separated.
- Can husband/wife stands the chance of their ancestral property?
- If the property of the husband is before marriage, can wife ask for a share in the husband's property made by him?