You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Want to buy a flat on the Gaothan property, what all documents are required.

    Have a query about the documents required to buy a property and the detailed registration process? Searching for detailed information here? On this Ask Expert page check out the resolution to all your queries.

    Have you heard about Gaothan plot, No! I too had not heard but on of my friend who lives in Vashi, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra state told me about it. His query are:
    The is a flat which he would like to buy in vashi but heard it is build on a gaothan plot. the plot is 550 Sq. Feet and 1BHK on the 4th floor. The one who build is one of the owner of the plot. The owner of the plot are 4 and the one who build it, says has taken the signature of others for constructing G+4 building. People are staying in the building and only 10% flat are remaining.

    - What all documents need to be asked before buying?
    - Does this property need special sanction?
    - What is the documents required for registration of a gaothan plot?
    - Do you need to check the mutation of property?
    - Any other documents to be checked or needed.
  • Answers

    2 Answers found.
  • Gaothan property is a unique nomenclature which is known to mainly builders and interested parties, particularly in the state of Maharashtra. In Vashi which is in Navi Mumbai area the transfer of the Gaothan is covered under the development authority known as CIDCO under which they are transferred to the third part on payment of a fees under the 12.5 per cent Gaothan scheme of CIDCO.

    Let us try to understand what is the 12.5 per cent Gaothan scheme of CIDCO which is exercised under the details as laid out in Section 122 of the Maharashtra Land Record Code. CIDCO is the nodal agency for urban development in Navi Mumbai area and earlier the farmland from the local farmers of the villages in this area was acquired by it. In lieu of every 100 sq meters of farmland acquired from a farmer, the farmer was allotted 12.5 sq meters in which he could do construction activity. This is known as the 12.5 per cent Gaothan scheme. Most of the buildings in Navi Mumbai are constructed under this 12.5 per cent Gaothan expansion scheme of Govt of Maharashtra.

    The property built on the Gaothan land is legal only if the documents are in place. To ascertain the legality of the Gaothan property the documents required to be checked are -

    (1) Letter issued by the development authority (CIDCO) in the name of the villager to give 12.5 per cent of the land acquired by it and is a proof that the villager is entitled to the land.
    (2) Letter of intent by the authority.
    (3) Lease agreement between the authority and the farmer detailing the terms and conditions of the lease and payment of lease fees.
    (4) Final order by the authority entitling the rights of the plot to the person.
    (5) If the person wants to give the right of construction to a third party then a tripartite agreement has to be done between the authority, owner of the plot and the third party.

    If above orders are in order or the society which has been already formed in that complex can substantiate these documents in their matured form as prescribed under the Govt of Maharashtra then one can go for investing in the Gaothan properties.

    Above are the general guidelines in the matter and I will also advise to take the help of the experienced lawyer in this matter as the Gaothan records are not understood by the people so easily. It is entirely a different procedure.

    Knowledge is power.

  • The Gaothan land will be a land which is under the development under CIDCO. they can transfer this to the third part on payment of fees under the scheme called the 12.5 per cent Gaothan scheme of CIDCO.

    Gaothan land will be legal if all the required documents are in place only. To confirm that the land is the legal portion of the Gaothan property the required documents are required as mentioned below.

    1. Letter issued by CIDCO in the name of the owner belonging to that village or town or city to sell12.5 per cent of the land acquired by it and is a proof that the owner is the legal owner of the land.
    2, Letter of intent.
    3. The lease agreement between the authority and the seller. These documents should be clear with all the details like the value of the lease, extent of land and ownership.
    4. Order from the authority giving the rights to the seller the plot.
    5. Third-party agreement for the construction if it is giving to the third party.

    always confident

  • Sign In to post your comments