As you would like to take up teaching as a profession, B.Ed will certainly help you.
- Graduation from a recognised board/university with at least 50% marks or 55% in postgraduate in any stream.
- It is a 2 years full time course. They have correspondence course but all prefer full time course.
- The fee structure ranges from 20K to 40K depending upon the college or institution.
- He/she should appear in the entrance test conducted by the states or Independent educational bodies/ universities for admission.
- The exams are objective type from English, General Knowledge, Aptitude, Basic Arithmetic and one local language(depending upon the state).
- The exams are generally held in the month of June-July.
- It has theory as well as practical training classes . It contains 7 papers. First 5 papers are common and the last 2 paper is specialization on the subject one need to take up.
- As you have completed Graduation, you can apply for post graduation. This will open up more doors for you.
- The subject can be taken up of your choice as the subject that you are comfortable and like will help you go deep into it and gain more knowledge. This will help you become master of the subject and provide confidence in teaching.
- Once you complete your B. Ed, you can apply for Trained Graduate Teacher(TGT) and Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS). You can teach upto high school (10th Std.) for upper class, you need PG.
-For KVS, Proficiency in teaching Hindi/English Medium is a must.
- For KVS, they have special requirements. You can get it from their site.
“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz