After doing B.Sc. in computer science, there are many options for enhancing ones knowledge and skill and primarily it depends on the interest and liking of an individual. You have to do some introspection in this regard as what is your aptitude towards career. Is it programming or data management or hardware installation and maintenance or web hosting or digital marketing
or data science or animation or software development and analysis or software testing? If you can identify your area of interest, working in which fascinates you, then it will be easier for you to pursue it because a person generally works with full vigour in his area of interest.
Anyway, if you have no such preference then we have to see a field in which good job opportunities exist. At the present juncture you have mainly two paths to follow - first is join a job and then part time go for skill enhancement by enrolling in some short term course after which you can think of swapping your job and second is go for a full term course and then apply for a job. Depending upon that a course is to be opted for a short term or full term. Let us now see what are those courses feasible in your case -
1. Digital Marketing - This is emerging as a fast growing area of marketing through internet by approaching the customer right at their hand held mobile phones. This area has good opportunities as the advertising revenue is now being diverted more and more to internet from the traditional mediums. One has to complete a course on digital marketing either online or from some institution.
2. Software development / Programming - If you have interest or knack for computer programming then it is one of the evergreen lines for making a career. There are many areas where computer programmers are making an important place for themselves. The field of artificial intelligence
is one such area.
3. Data Science - Many companies and industries are hiring Data Science professionals for their work related to data mining, data retrieval and data presentation for business needs. If you have interest in data handling for business presentations and decision making then this is a very good option to go for. You will have to learn language like Python or similar one for this execution. A competency in statistical analysis and visual graphic presentation of the data will be an added advantage.
4. Hardware engineering - This is a branch which is more suitable to those who have not much liking for the software courses but have interest in installing or checking of hardware including peripherals in a computer set up and are keen to know the configuration and interconnection of all the devices there. Though this area is already crowded by the engineers and technicians but still has some scope for jobs and one can take a call on that.
5. MBA - If your technical interests and inclinations are not up to the mark but you have a liking for managerial jobs or project management tasks then it makes sense to go for MBA degree after which one can apply for niche executive jobs in the industry.
6. Web designing/ Web developing - These are different type of activities but if one has an affinity of working with the internet then there are good scopes here as many computer companies which are engaged in web designing or development work hire the professional for it. Many online portals offer these courses and one can learn the techniques by self study.
7. Network engineering - Network engineering is required in all the computer establishments for connecting to the other networks and internet in a seamless manner to take advantage of real time movement of data and interconnectivity of operating systems. This is a good area and requires requisite skills to be learned. One has to learn the basics by joining a course in this branch.
8. Database Administration/ Management - Every enterprise today have a database and it is crucial for its day to day operations. A sturdy and well managed database is an asset of an organisation. There are various courses available in this particular field and one can go for such a course before applying for database positions.