Looking for NEET / JEE Coaching? Enquire Now
  • Category: Science and Technology

How to take a screen shot of an image on a smartphone?

Wondering how to take a screenshot on a smartphone instead of sharing the URLs? Interested in knowing the detailed set of steps for taking a screenshot on Redmi 4? Find suggestions and the steps on this Ask Expert page.

In a laptop or desktop computer, we have the snipping tool and the prt-sc key to use for taking a snapshot of an image at a website, save and use in an article. Is there any way to do this from a smartphone? Suppose there is a news report in which there is an image I like. I want to share just that image and not share the whole text and hence will not copy-paste the URL and share that URL. I only want to take a snapshot of an image in the text and share that - is it possible?

I would like clear instructions and also how to save it on the phone. The model of my phone is Redmi 4.

• Now a days smartphones are having a common short cut to capture the image of the screen to a file and store it to the gallery of the phone where one can view this screen shot and decide to keep it or use it for the purpose it is snapped.

To capture the image on the screen (screen shot), one has to press the down side on the volume switch and power on/off switch simultaneously for a second and then leave both of them. It may require some practice a few times and then one can do it comfortably. By doing this the screen shot image goes to gallery where it can be seen and used.

In some phones when you press these two switches simultaneously then you hear a sound or some movement on the screen which shows that capture is complete. This normally takes about a second and as soon as it happens release both the switches.

• Generally the easiest way to take the screen shot is to press simultaneously the volume switch and the power on switch.
    In my phone as the respective switches are placed in opposite sides( one on right side and the other on the left side) that while holding and grasping the phone sometimes both switches get pressed simultaneously by mistake and the screen shot gets captured.

• I have an honour mobile phone having a shortcut option of taking a screen shot through which I take a screenshot. Usually these days all smartphones have this facility.

Sanjeev

" The two most important days in your life are the day when you are born and the day you find out why? "
    – Mark Twain

• Apart from that volume and power off switch, the easiest option for me is using the short cut for a screenshot.
    When you on the mobile, the home screen appears. There on the top, you may have a slide-down menu which includes options like Bluetooth, mobile data, wi-fi, etc. In that series, there is an option for Screenshot having a symbol of a paper and scissors.
    When you want to take a screenshot, open that page on mobile, then slide down that top menu and select the screenshot icon. Then slide up that menu and tap on the screen of which you want to take the screenshot. It will give a sound of clicking a pic and the screenshot will be there with you.
    This is the easiest option for me to take a screenshot.

Padmini

Living & Learning- simultaneous processes!

• Padmini's expert advice is the best. I tried the earlier suggestion, of holding the two buttons simultaneously, but it just did not work out despite several attempts. It is too much of the fidgety kind! It was far simpler and really easy to use the scissors-and-paper feature as advised by Padmini. I was not even aware this feature was there, so it was really helpful and I will use that feature only from now on.

When you make a commitment, you create hope. When you keep a commitment you create trust! ~ John C. Maxwell

• Hello, it easy to take a screenshot in redmi phones even you can add your desired method for taking a screenshot
    let me explain step by step
    1. Go to settings
    2.additional settings
    3select button and gesture shortcuts
    4.click "Take a screenshot"
    5.select your desired way of taking a screenshot and click replace

• There are 3 methods of taking screenshot in your Phone Redmi 4.
    1. Press power button + volume down button together about 1-3 seconds
    2. Clicking on screenshot icon in the notification bar
    3. Swiping vertically down on the screen with your 3 fingers.
    For a quick demo you may view this video https://youtu.be/vJjbwZ15eOQ

Jeba.