Why do Humans need hair?
Body hair is a naturally given protective mechanism. Hairs help us in facing variations of weather, as protective cushions and thermal controls on important body parts . They help in giving sense of feeling the crawling of ants, insects etc. on our body. They remain in humans as remnants of evolutionary development. Though humans have developed various methods and aids to get the use -effect of hairs on animals, still hairs are needed for humans in normal circumstances for the natural functions they are meant.
1.Hair on our body work like cushion and thermal control. As is fur to some animals, hair is to humans. Actually over years of evolution and adjustments humans have now very less hair in comparison to animals living in the same geography.
2. Hairs are connected to fine nerve endings. So they give delicate signals of any external attack by insects etc. It is because of the hair and their connection to nerves that we sense if and ant or insect is crawling on our body. That gives us time to shrug off the insect or ant and be protected.
2. Body hair gives added brushing effect when we rub our body parts each other for any need.
3. Apart from nature given protective mechanism body hair add their contribution in attraction between the genders and enhance courting and pairing. This is also linked to evolutionary development . The facial and body hair in men and lack/ thin quantum of it in women, and the are mutual attraction to the genders. Thus the female seeks the warmth from the male and the male enjoys the smoothness of the female.
4. The hair in underarm are also coming in enhancing courting attraction of the genders. These areas secret certain hormonal odours which attract the other gender.
What are the uses of hair on our face, ear, nose, underarms, private parts, Hands and legs?
Ear, nose, eye lashes:
The hairs on these parts blocks the entry of foreign materials and protect our body. When a foreign material like dust, dirt, insects etc enter r touch these parts or getting near to them, the reflex mechanism shuts the eye, gives irritation sensation in nose and ear and thus helps us to take remedial action.
Hands and legs: As usually males are less protected by outer cover by dress and women more covered, evolution has made it necessary of more hair to men in hands and legs for doing work in less helpful environments. They also add in mutual gender attraction as narrated earlier.
Underarms and private parts:
Private parts hair also function as protection like ear and nose hair ; and also as temperature control. They have additional function n mutual i gender attraction.
What is the effect of cutting, shaving or waxing on our hair or body?
Humans cut or shave hair on various parts for the following reasons:
1. Overgrowth inhabits daily smooth functioning. When hair grows longer, they give tickling or irritation to our body. Dirt gets stuck with sweat at these places where hair growth is more. This leads t lack of hygiene and parasites like lice grow. That is a threat to health and hygiene. Cutting hair short is a remedy for this. The underarms, pubic area etc are some examples. While men resort to hair cutting periodically, women wear scented flowers in the neck and head hair to reduce the sweating effect in these areas and keeping cool and sweet smelling, thus reducing the bad effect in the neck area of head.
2. Modern sense of beauty and looks. Lifestyle in modern days change and the perception of beauty and presentation in social scene changes. Accordingly hair style and rowing of hair, nails etc are changed.
3. Swimmers and other sportsmen shave their body hair in need for enhancing their performance. For swimmers smoothing the body by shaving off the body hair gives less resistance in water and helps them to swing faster and manoeuvring easily. Similarly those who have to work or play under sun keep their hair short to avoid excessive sweating and aid faster evaporation.
4. Some people are prone to certain health issues like inflammations etc especially in the head, neck and ENT regions. Such people cut hair to avoid water retention on skin and scalp and help evaporation and keep skin/scalp comfortably dry.
5. Religious reasons: As narrated in some earlier paras hair is an enhancer of sexual interest and attraction. Hence those religions or sects which encourage celibacy for some reason make it compulsory for cutting or shaving off hair from body parts at least on the parts which are usually exposed to others. This makes them less attractive to the other gender and thus less prone to attention deviation. Similarly hair on head is considered as symbol for crown. Hence to show subservience, the 'crown' is cut off; that is hair is cut off.
6. Hairs in certain body areas are cut or shaved off for convenience of physical intimacy. At hospitals hair of any needed particular area is shaved off before surgery, scanning etc.for operational convenience.
Do hair help to look good or increase glamour?
Yes. This has been explained in context in some earlier paragraphs.