You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Document verification of secondary certificates for Government jobs in various departments

    Wondering whether senior secondary certificates are mandatory for applying for a government job for which a Degree qualification is required? Find out from experts the necessity of such certificates and whether the qualification through Open schooling is acceptable.

    Is the senior secondary certificate mandatory for document verification of Govt. jobs for which a Degree qualification is accepted? Are those senior secondary certificates verified in jobs such as for Railways, IBPS, SSC jobs, etc? What would happen if we did the secondary education through Open School learning? Will they reject such a qualification?
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • Secondary school education done through open school learning like (NIOS) is absolutely valid like any other board such as CBSC, ICSE, or other state board. National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) is a recognized board. Nobody can reject these certificates during document verification.
    All certificates and degrees are necessary during document verification, up to the essential qualification of job. Whether It is a government or private job. They want to check the all educational records.

  • The general procedure adopted in document verification is to check all the documents from class 10 onwards and it starts from verification of date of birth to the last degree or post graduate degree obtained by the candidate. It does not matter whether you have done your higher secondary education from a correspondence distance education mode or regular mode. What is required is the chronological order of all your educational documents where your name and other things tally properly and the authorities are able to verify your credentials thoroughly. They will also check for your marks or scores in different qualifying exams as per the eligibility criterion. The main aim of document verification is the physical verification as well as see that there is no difference between what the candidate had mentioned at the time of the application and now after selection as mentioned in his credentials (mark sheets and certificates). It is very important that there should be perfect consistency between the two.

    Knowledge is power.

  • For the document verification process, the following documents are must:-

    (a) Certificate of Class-Xth--------------------------For establishing the Date of Birth
    (b) Highest Qualification Certificate--------------For establishing Academic Qualification
    (c) No Objection Certificate from the present organization, if the candidate is working
    (d) Caste Certificate, if the candidate is from reserved category------To establish the caste of the candidate)
    (e) Income Certificate, if the candidate is from Economically Weaker Section---To establish income of family
    (f) Ex-Serviceman Discharge Order, if applicable------------To establish that the candidate is Ex-Serviceman
    (g) Passport-size photograph, similar to the photo used in the application form---To establish identity
    (h) Admit Card of the Competitive Examination, which he/she has qualified

    During the Document Verification process, the officer who is verifying the documents, may ask for X+II (Senior Secondary) Certificate, but there would not be any problem if the candidate produces the Graduation Certificate. But, for safety purposes, the candidate should immediately apply for a duplicate X+II Certificate to the concerned Examination Board, and submit a copy of that application at the time of document verification, if sought.

    Have no fear of perfection - you'll never reach it. ---------- Salvador Dali

  • 1. The secondary education through Open School is also acceptable provided you passed the examination and obtained the certificate from a recognised institute. You need not worry about that.
    2. The senior secondary certificate also should be with you when you go for certificate verification for any government job.
    3. Date of Birth proof and address proof is also required.
    4. Some officers may get satisfied with your highest qualification certificate. But some may insist on other educational qualification proofs also.
    5. If you don't have that certificate they may give you some time to get that and show it to them and till such time further course of action may be kept pending.
    6. So you should get your certificate and keep it ready with you.
    7. If you have lost the original it is very necessary to immediately apply for the duplicate. It is a time-consuming process and you should act immediately for that. You have to give a police complaint that you have lost your original. Then they have to give you a certificate saying that they enquired but not able to trace the certificate. Then with that certificate, you have to apply to the concerned authorities.

    always confident

  • Sign In to post your comments