Duck eggs are very nutritious and having high amount od protein, vitamins and mineral content than the normal chicken eggs. Some of the advantages and disadvantages of consuming duck eggs are given below:
1. They are bigger than chicken eggs due to containing high yolk protein hence are high energy source. Due to larger quantity of yolk they are enriched in high fat and cholesterol.
2. They have a slightly different taste, people who cannot eat chicken eggs they can like their taste.
3. They remains fresh for long times due to thick shell.
4. They are having almost double nutritional value than normal chicken eggs.
5. They contain more Omega 3 fatty acids i.e. good for healthy bones, skin and brain also reduce inflammation.
6. They have a high amount of vitamins viz. Vitamin A(almost 2 times more than chicken egg), Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12 Vitamin D (almost 6 times more than chicken egg), Vitamin E(almost 3 times more than chicken egg) etc. maintain healthy bone and skins.
7. They are also rich in essential minerals like zinc, copper, potassium, selenium, sodium, phosphorus, manganese, iron and calcium etc.
1. The main disadvantage with these eggs is they are having high amount yolk due to which having higher fat and cholesterol than normal chicken eggs.
2. Due to high fat and cholesterol (almost double), they may cause various disease like obesity, diabetes, coronary heart diseases, vascular disease, stroke, hypertension, atherosclerosis etc.
3. They are mostly suitable for people who are taking rich protein diet (ketogenic diet) and doing heavy exercises.
4. A duck egg is having 620mg cholesterol that is almost double than the standard requirement of 300 mg per day.
If anybody is suffering from high cholesterol problem, he can avoid these eggs due to high cholesterol content or can consume white part of egg(having less amount of cholesterol).