After graduation in computer science there are many Govt/ PSU openings where one can apply for the respective written test and interview. If one can do MCA then even after that also almost same openings will be there. So if one is in dire need of a job, it makes sense to apply for the same after graduation itself. The various Govt/PSU organisation where computer degree holders are taken as executives in their companies are as follows. You have to go to the respective site for further details of the jobs they are offering to the graduates in computer science -
1. Banking Service - If you have interest in this area then you can prepare for the banking service entrance exam for clerk or probationary officer in the various PSU banks in our country. These exams are conducted by IBPS (Institute of Banking Personnel Selection) every year and are a good career option.
2. PSUs - There are many PSUs in our country which advertise posts for various disciplines including computer science. Though there is a tough competition but one can prepare hard and try to qualify in that. Some of these PSUs are - Coal India Limited (CIL), Steel Authority of India (SAIL), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd., Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL), Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL), Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC), Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) etc.
3. Govt Organisations - One can apply in them after going through the job advertised in the newspaper or employment portals. Some of the top Govt organisations are - Center for Development of Advance Computing (CDAC), Defence Research & Development Organisation (DRDO), Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL), Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI),
Intelligence Bureau (IB), Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO), National Investigation Agency (NIA), National Projects Construction Corporation Limited (NPCC), National Informatics Centre (NIC), Bhabha Atomic research Centre (BARC) etc.
4. Administrative services - In our country there are entrance exams for state Govt administrative services as well as central Govt and one can apply in them. This requires a lot of preparation and hard work as every graduate in our country tries his luck best for it.
5. Railways - Indian Railways is a very big organisation and requires qualified people for running its operations and recruits various people in different disciplines including computer persons. So it is a lucrative line.
6. Post Office - Post Office also recruits people from all the disciplines and with the computerisation of the Post Office services the scope for the computer graduates is also increasing. So this is also an area to be explored.
Knowledge is power.