Sikkim Central University was established in the year 2006. All the colleges in the state of Sikkim are affiliated to Sikkim University. This university offers a number of courses for UG, PG, PhD students and anyone from India can get admission in this University. Even you can take admission in Sikkim Central Univeristy. It doesn't matter if you are from West Bengal.
It is to be noted that in order to get admission in PG courses in Sikkim University, candidates should have a Bachelor's degree in the relevant field with 50% marks. Relief of 5% marks is given to SC/ST/OBC/PWD candidates.
The applicants of PG programs have to go through a Common Admission Test (CAT). The questions would be of 100 marks out of which it is necessary to score 50% in order to qualify the CAT. After this, on the basis of performance of students, a merit list is prepared. Then the names of qualified candidates would be uploaded on the university's website and also in the respective department in the university.
Some points to be kept in mind are as follows-
1. Common Admission Test for all PG courses will be held 5 test venues that are Gangtok, Siliguri, Guwahati, Namchi and Geyzing.
2. The registered students of Sikkim University will be awarded a weightage of 10% for the purpose of preparation of merit list of PG courses. The registered students need to enter university registration number already awarded to them.
3. Common Admission Test is conducted by the university followed by interview and group discussion for admission in MBA program. Those candidates who have valid CAT, MAT, C-MAT score will be exempted from entrance exam.
Students can apply for PG programs for a total of 34 courses in Sikkim University.
It is important to note that University's CAT examination of 2019 will be held on November 26.
You can apply for admission in Sikkim University by following the steps mentioned below-
1. Visit the official website of Sikkim University-
2. After that, click on admission link at the homepage and carefully read the admission notice and prospectus for admission related information such as department details, course details, course duration, availability of seats, vacany status, minimum eligible criteria, fees, infrastructure etc before applying online.
3. Then click the apply button to go through the admission process.
4. Now fill up the admission form online. The General candidates need to pay Rs 700/- and SC/ST/OBC/PWD need to pay Rs 350/- for cost of admissiom form and CAT fee through online payment gateway or bank challan at any branch of State Bank Of India.
Hope it helps.
Make love to life before it divorces you.