Sudden unexpected death of my sister
Have you got any doubts about tackling legal issues connected to the death of a lady within a period of seven years of wedlock? Are you confused as to how you should proceed? Just follow this thread to know more about the issue.
A few months before, my sister came to my parents home for her first delivery and last month she delivered a girl baby in the cesarian process. After a few days she suffered from cough and upper back pain for a few days and we took her for a regular check-up.
One year back she was implanted with a pacemaker for Bradycardia and after some more months she suffered from seizure and doctor advised her to continue medicines for fits for some days and her husband used to take her for regular check for both heart and fits.
After 20 days of her delivery she started feeling tired and the very next day we got an appointment with a cardiac specialist. But before that day when she fell down due to fits and got injured in her head. We took her to a nearby hospital where they declared her dead. The body was then taken to the government hos[pital for the post mortem procedures.
The next day we went to the local police station and did some paperwork and got signatures of five persons who came with us. By next day afternoon, they completed all paperwork and sent the Sub Inspector (SI) with us to proceed further in RDO office. So late in the evening RDO officer inspected and approved for the post mortem. Doctors asked me of the happenings and I explained the details. After about one week I received a call from the RDO office for enquiry. We went with five people who reside nearby my house.
Now my doubt is,
1. Someone saying that the RDO will get the postmortem report from the govt hospital and after that finally to the local police station where we informed about the death (Here the police took a written complaint from my dad and filed an FIR). Is this right?
2. Will we have to go to the police station whenever they call us along with the five people who signed on the first day at the police station?
3 What would be the next process? Should we appoint a lawyer for this issue?.
Now, my parents are residing in a rented house which we occupied 6 months before and the house owner wants us to vacate the same due to some personal reasons and moreover we don't want to stay there itself as my mom keeps on crying. Her health is also not good
4. My parents wish to move to my uncle's place in Chennai.
5. Can we vacate and move on or should have to stay in the same locality (which we hate) till this FIR closure? If yes, should we inform the police about the same (where FIR is pending)?
6. One of my advocate friends says that there is no need to inform as we are in India only.
7. Moreover, it is not that much a serious case and has arisen only because the death occurred before 7 yrs of marriage.
I am confused about the whole process. Kindly guide me.