Advantages of Maida Flour - Maida Flour finds its usage in the preparation of Pizza, Burger, Donuts, Bread, Samosa, Noodles, Momos, Pastas etc. We don't have the proper substitute for this item. Foods prepared from Maida Flour are very tasty and tempting and hence it cannot be ignored.
1) Whenever, we consume any food made from Maida, it would release sugar into the blood - stream immediately because of high GI of Maida and hence there will be surge of level at an unmanageable level especially for the patients of diabetes.
2) It may cause inflammation of the body since the glucose loitering in the blood - stream would attach the Protien resulting in inflammation of the body. Hence the disease like Artiritis, Catract, High Blood Pressure may develop. Persistent High BP would cause Heart ailment at the later stage.
3) It may surge bad cholesterol such as LDL resulting in weight gain. Continious spike of body weight followed by insomnia may invite the problem of diabetes.
4) Maida flour is acidic in nature and hence this can deplete the calcium level of the body causing chronic illness of Heart .
5) It may create digestive problem since Maida - flour is devoid of fibre, it may slow down our metabolism causing high acidity, indigestion and constipation and steps should be taken to curtail its excess consumption.