Electronics and Telecommunication engineers can easily get a job and make their career in many industries like electronics manufacturing organization, Power Electronics, Telecommunication industries, IT industries, Internet technologies, Mobile communication companies, Health care equipment manufacturing, and other industries like petroleum, coal, thermal, steel, and chemical industry etc.
You have completed Engineering in E &TC four years back and now doing a non-technical job since last 2 years. So it will be a little bit difficult to get a job but not impossible. Further you want to get a job in IT field. You can try to get a job in IT Company, because being an engineer you can easily get a job in IT field. If you will do some IT course it will be a plus point and will help in getting a job in IT company.
1. First of all update your CV and include all your skills and knowledge about software etc.
2. Join some advanced course related to Information Technology.
3. For searching a job in IT field you can start from local recruiters. Search job in local industrial area or IT park. Drop your CV there.
4. You can search career option on websites of good IT companies.
5. Email your CV to the IT companies
6. Read employment newspapers, Times of India, Hindustan Times etc.
7. Registered on online jobs portals like naukri.com, shine.com, Monster.com and Indeed.com etc. You can also take their premium services.
8. Make a profile on linkedin and apply to IT jobs there.
9. You can also register yourself in private recruitment firms. They will also help you in getting a job.
10. Improve your knowledge and skills. Watch interview video available at Youtube.
11. You can take guidance from your professors and friends also.
12. Some family members who are also working in IT field can also help you.
13. You should learn programming and develop your programming skills. Learn programming languages like Java, Sql, PHP etc.
14. Read and learn about latest technologies and keep updated yourself. Knowledge about latest technologies will also help you to crack the interview.
15. Attend more and more interview and gather questions and information and prepare yourself for upcoming interview.
16. You should decide the field according to your interest. If you want to go in Cloud. You should do a course related to that particular skill.
17. Improve your communication skills. For this you can join some grooming classes also.
18. You should also improve your Presentation Skills and Problem Solving Skills.
There are some courses can help you to get into IT field:
1. Software Testing
6. Data Science
7. Data structure
8. Mobile Application Development
9. Web Designing
10. Digital Marketing
Due to the gap in your degree and job and also as you want to switch the job from non-IT to IT field you will have to work hard. But Focusing on target and hard work can make a difference and definitely you will be able to find a suitable job in your field of interest.