There are many reasons as why a person gets dark rings or patches in the inner thigh region. Some of the prominent ones are the friction of the tight synthetic clothing, hormonal imbalance, excessive exercising, certain medications, dry skin, skin pigmentation disorder, certain diabetic conditions etc.
There are some medicines and medications generally prescribed by the doctor for which the advice and consultation with the physician would be needed. At the same time there are some common home remedies which can be tried to get rid of these unwanted dark patches. Some of them are -
1. Aloe vera - Aloe vera or aloe vera based special cream products are available for reducing the dark patches. One can get these lotions from the reputed medical shops. These are to be applied and let it remain there to be soaked by the body overnight. Do not rinse them immediately.
2. Coconut oil with lemon juice - In this combination the oil acts as a moisturiser and lemon acts as the source of Vitamin-C which is helpful in treating hyper pigmentation. Add 2-3 table spoon of coconut oil to juice of half a lemon and rub this to the affected part with light massage. Rinse and clean after some time.
3. Sugar and lemon juice - This can be prepared by adding lemon juice of 1 lemon with 2 tablespoon of sugar and 1 table spoon of honey. Now apply this scrub to the affected parts. Rinse after some time. Sugar is supposed to exfoliate the skin.
4. Oatmeal with yogurt - Yoghurt is having lactic acid which is good for skin. This combination is good for the scrubbing action for cleaning of the affected parts. For this add equal parts of oatmeal and yogurt. Now apply it to the skin and rub gently. Wash off after some time.
5. Baking soda and water - This is to be used cautiously as sometimes it may be harsh with some skin types. So, one has to prepare a paste of it and apply it thinly to the affected area and after 15 minutes just clean it with water. Baking soda is a good skin exfoliating agent.
6. Potato slices - Potato has some enzymes which are supposed to reduce the dark spots on the skin. For this one has to make potato slices and rub them on the effected area for 10-15 minutes.
There are many chemicals, medical formulations and treatments like soy, niacin amide, ellagic acid, lignin peroxidase, arbutus, kojic acid, liquorice, hydroquinone, retinoids and laser treatments which are advised by the doctors or dermatologists but one should go for them only after the expert medical opinion and consultation.
Knowledge is power.