Fatty liver is the condition that the fats are deposited around the liver. If the accumulation is very minor, it would not create any problem in the functioning of the liver. According to accumulation of the fats, it may be categorised as fatty liver -1, fatty - liver-2 and fatty liver -3. With the higher number of fatty liver, swelling of liver can be seen causing normal functioning of the liver.
Though the functioning of liver is to process food and filter the toxins so as to keep sound health, the fatty liver would disrupt such functioning. Fatty livers are of two types - alcoholic or non alcoholic. Alcoholic liver indicates that the patient is habituated alcoholic leading to accumulation of fats. However, nonalcoholic fatty liver arises due to excess consumption of some medicines Ayurvedic or otherwise having its detrimental effects on the liver.
Following precautions should be taken in case of fatty liver-
1) Stop taking any medicine not prescribed by the doctors such as pain killers, steroid medicines etc.
2) No more consumption of alcohol.
3) Abstaing from Coca - cola, Pepsi, Pizza, Burger etc.
4) Avoid using vegetables containing excess oils and spices.
5) Abstaing from smoking.
Fatty liver condition is reversible and once the condition is made favourable adhering to discipline in terms of taking food, Abstaing from Alchol, Avoidance of Spurious drugs, the liver would restore to normal functioning. The following remedies would prove to be helpful-
1) Consume Aloevera - juice of any reputed brand by taking 15 ml along with equal amount of water twice daily preferably in the empty stomach.
2) Consume at least two glass of hot water mixed with lemon - juice in the morning in the empty stomach. Continious use for at least three months can reverse the condition.
3) Take Trifala - churna approx one tea - spoon along with hot water after the dinner.
4) Amla powder contains a lot of antioxidants coupled with enriched VitaminC and its consumption of one tea - spoon after each meal followed by hot water can eliminate the fats deposited around liver. It should be used for at least three months.
5) Consume liberal amount of citrus fruits such as grapes, oranges, lemon etc regularly in order to eliminate the fats accumulated in the liver.
6) If possible take up fasting once in a week, you may take up lemon water in between the course of fasting. Apart from liver - issue,this may reduce body weight due to enhanced metabolism.