City of Thiruvanthapuram (Trivandrum) is the Capital of Kerala and is an excellent example of Kerala's urban and cultural life. It is a heritage city that offer various sights like temples, museum, and beautiful beaches and is one of the best tourist place of South India. City is built upon seven hills and its famous cuisine is seafood and South Indian dishes. Following are points about the Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala:
1. Ola and Uber cabs are available there. Besides, some other private taxis and cabs are also available there which can be easily hired. Some local cab/taxis are Mango Cabs (Contact No. +91 99954 66066 website: www.mangocabs.in) and TaxiTel (Contact No. +91 75609 29292, website: www.taxitel.in). You can hire taxi/cab for full day or even for few hours for site seeing.
2. You can get tour packages for Thiruvanthapuram online on make my trip, trivago, holidify or IRCTC. Cost of packages ranges between Rs. 10,000 to Rs.60,000.
3. Nearest airport is Thiruvanthapuram . Buses and trains are also easily available. Best time to visit Thiruvanthapuram is from October to February due to favorable weather conditions.
Beautiful places to visit in Thiruvanthapuram are:
1. Padmanabhaswamy Temple: This temple is also known as Anantha Padmanabhaswamy temple and is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. It is located in centre of the city and is famous for its beautiful architecture and 18-feet high idol of Lord Vishnu.
2. Attukal Bhagawati temple: It is located in Attukal and is dedicated to Goddess Bhadrakali (Kannaki). It is located just 2 km away from Padmanabhaswamy temple.
3. Aazhimala Mahadeva Temple: It is located in Kazhivoor and is dedicated to Lord Siva. Annual temple festival takes place in January and February. If you are planning to going ther during this period you can attend this festival.
4. Karikkakom Chamundi Devi Temple : It is also located in Karikkakom, Thiruvanthapuram and is dedicated to Goddess Chamundi Devi.It is situated at a distance of 7 km from Padmanabhaswamy temple.
5. Pazhavangadi Ganapathy Temple: this temple is located at East Fort, Thiruvanthapuram and is dedicated to Lord Ganesh (Sri Mahaganapathy).
1. Keralam - Museum of History and Heritage: It is located in Vikas Bhawan. This museum depicts the artifact of history of Kerala. You can visit it from 10:00 AM to 5:30 PM.
2. Napier Museum: This museum is located at LMS Vellayambalam Rd, Palayam. It displays 19th centuary architecture and is dedicated to Indian divinity and rulers of Kerala. It opens from 10:00 AM-4.30 PM.
3. Puthe Maliga Palace Museum: It is also known as the Kuthira Malika. It is located at East Fort, Thiruvanthapuram and is situated near to Padmanabhaswamy temple and famous for its Travancore styled architecture. It displays precious paintings, traditional furniture, and other collections of the royal family.
Opening hours are 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM and 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM.
4. Thiruvananthapuram Zoo: It is located at Nanthancodu, Trivandrum It is Asia's oldest zoo and inhabitated leopards, deer, hippos, reptiles, and other animals.
c) Kovalam Beach: It is the most famous beach of Thiruvanthapuram and located about 15 km away from city centre. Other beautiful beaches are Shanghumukham Beach and Hawa beach.
d) Chalai Bazaar and Connemara market are the famous shopping places