Skin problems arise because of the bacterial infection or impurity of body fluids. Sometimes it is difficult to diagnose and the doctor will prescribe some general skin ointments and anti allergy medicines. In such situations sometimes the home remedies are more effective and one can try them for this condition. Some of these are -
1. Oats - Colloidal suspension of the oatmeal is a great skin protectant and relieves many of the skin conditions. One can take oatmeal bath by adding one cup of oatmeal in the bathtub and immerse oneself in it for at least 20-25 minutes. Oats contain anti-inflammatory chemicals like linoleic oil, oleic acid, and avenanthramides. These help in reducing the level of cytokines which are a type of proteins secreted by cells and can cause inflammation of the skin.
2. Aloe vera - It is an anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiviral, and antioxidant material as it contains vitamin B-12, calcium, magnesium, zinc, vitamins A, C, E, enzymes, carbohydrates, sterols, and essential fatty acids. Application of fresh Aloe vera gel twice a day helps in getting rid of many skin conditions.
3. Coconut oil - Virgin coconut oil is having an antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory, and healing properties. This oil is very good in keeping the skin moisturiser. Application of the oil on skin is very beneficial and cures many skin conditions.
4. Tea tree oil - Tea tree oil is believed to work against bacterial, viral, fungal, and protozoal infections of the skin. It is to be applied on the skin after diluting it with other oils like olive oil or coconut oil.
5. Baking soda - One can apply a paste of baking soda with water to the affected skin areas and then after some time rinse it and dry it and apply some moisturiser. Alternatively one can take bath with the 1 cup soda added to a tub of water. It is a good remedy for itchy or rashes skin.
6. Indigo naturalis - It is a dried Chinese herb oinment and is to be applied two times a day to the affected areas of the skin. It is good remedy in conditions of psoriasis and other conditions caused by inflammation.
One thing to be remembered about these remedies is that these are to be undertaken for a long period to achieve the desired results. Sometimes the bacterial infections of the skin transfers their bacterias to the dress worn and in such case the worn dress requires to be washed with hot water otherwise the bacterias will not be killed and again come back to the skin. So, taking such hygienic precautions also helps in skin ailments.
Knowledge is power.