I would like to answer your query in point-wise for better understanding and easiness.
1. What is the job role for a Computer Lab Assistant/officer?
Ans: A Computer Lab Assistant(CLA) is responsible to provide support to faculty or staff and students and maintain the college laboratories and workshops that include the installation, demonstration, course-specific
software and printer maintenance and trouble-shooting of equipment and facilities. He is the first choice for students wanting technical help with computer-related issues during or after school, college or office hours. The
Computer Lab Assistants are responsible for maintaining a clean quiet work area, sets up the lab in preparation for experiments and practical activities for students.
2. Is there any special certification course needed to apply for the vacancy?
Ans: Any Current industry certification courses from Microsoft, Cisco, Security/Networking, Red-Hat, Server, software and/or Hardware certifications, etc is preferred.
3. What is the basic requirement to apply for a Computer Lab Officer or Assistant job profile?
Ans: The basic requirement for the said post is:
- Minimum a Diploma in Computer Science or Information Technology and 3 years of experience in the field.
- Preferred Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology with 2 years of experience is required.
- A Master's Degree in a relevant discipline can be considered.
4. Where can we get the Computer Lab jobs?
Ans: One can find Computer Lab Officer or Assistant job through the website of jobs like LinkedIn, government job portal, newspapers, direct company sites, school sites, job sites, etc.
5. Some more skills that are preferred by Computer Lab Assistants(CLA) to perform their job successfully are:
- To analysis and research on familiar technical issues, and learn new software and hardware applications.
- Ability to logically solve the basic technical issue and have deep knowledge in the current software applications of the school, college or company.
- The ability to understand and explain the experiment or technical issues clearly in a lucid and professional tone and manner.
- The Computer Lab Assistants(CLA) must be courteous, approachable, patient, friendly and maintain good oral and communication with everyone. They should be helpful to the student to clear their doubt, repetitive computer and technical issues or questions.
“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz