You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Degree Courses after 10+3 Diploma

    Interested in doing an part time or correspondence degree after 3 years of diploma? Looking out for details of institutes or colleges which offer this program? Here, on this page our experts shall respond to your query.

    I have completed my 10+3 Diploma in Computer Science and I have been working for the past 17 years. I would like to know about any external (Correspondence) degrees like BSc, BCA or BE for a lateral entry with which I can get a Degree.

    Specifically I am looking for Correspondence courses to enroll.
  • Answers

    4 Answers found.
  • If you are interested to do a B.E./B.Tech. degree in correspondence mode then one of the good options is to go for the AMIE (Associate Member of Institution of Engineers) course. Qualifying this exam makes you at par with the B.E./B.Tech. degree holders. A diploma holder in engineering is eligible to apply for it. There is no age restriction also.

    AMIE syllabus is similar to B.E/B.Tech. It consists of two parts - Section A and Section B. One has to first study and clear all subjects in Section A which is fundamental understanding of engineering. After clearing section A one has to go for section B, where one undertakes specialized study in ones chosen branch of engineering. After clearing all the papers in both the section one completes AMIE course and becomes a qualified engineering graduate.

    Knowledge is power.

  • On the basis of your diploma in engineering in computer science and having an experience of long 17 years, you can go ahead with the persuasion of AMIE in your stream ie the computer science. The reason for opting such a course is given below -
    1) This course has got the approval of AICTE and the ministry of HRD of the central government.
    2) In respect of quality of course, in no way it is inferior to those of courses provided in the engineering colleges recognised from any reputed universities.
    3) 9 subjects containing in each section A and B can be cleared part wise depending upon the convenience of the aspirant.
    4) Study can be persued in the liesure hours at one's residence.
    5) There is the provision of doubt removal session for each section and the aspirants can avail of the same by enrolling the same at the designated centres. One can get his doubts addressed by the expert faculties of each subject.
    6) Even after acquiring this degree, one can go ahead for post graduate course in the engineering in one's chosen field.
    B.Sc and BCA as mentioned by you cannot provide that much benifit and it would prove to be wastage of time, where as the course AMIE would provide you better promotional benifits from your employer side because of this enriched qualification.

  • After a Diploma in Engineering, one can do the Engineering Degree by lateral entry. Many Universities are offering three years degree course by attending an entrance examination conducted by each university separately. The three years course is a full-time course.

    You can also do BE in night college, as you have 17 years of relevant experience. There are many universities offering this part-time course. The admission will be by an entrance test.

    Another way is to go for AMIE course. This is being offered by Institute of Engineers. You can get the details by going to their website.

    You can also do other graduation courses by correspondence course by attending the entrance test and getting qualified.

    always confident

  • 1. Lateral Entry to Undergraduate Engineering Courses: This is the most sorted way of getting admission into the Undergraduate Engineering Course i.e. BE or B.Tech program. In this, The diploma holder can get entry to 2nd year of the engineering course i.e. directly into the 3rd semester of the course. For this, you will have to enroll in the university under which you have studied or you wish the study. According to your marks or percentage of your diploma i.e Overall and average would be considered for getting into the college you wish.

    2. Graduation: If you have completed your +2 or HSC, then you can apply to complete your degree in any of the graduation course i.e. B.Sc, B.Com, B.A, BBA, BCA, etc. You can either apply for full time, correspondence or night classes for completing your course.

    3. AIME Certification: AIME Certification is a professional certification equivalent to BE or B.Tech degree course certificate by the Institute of Engineering, India. AMIE stands for Associate Member of the Institutions of Engineers and is a valid course that can be completed by any person who has completed +2 or ITI or Diploma in any stream. The best feature of this course is that you can select any stream from the 15 courses available.
    It has 2 groups(Group A & B) to clear. Group A is common for all which has 9 papers for +2 students and 4 papers for Diploma students. Only after clearing all the papers can you give your Group B papers. Group B contains 5 compulsory and 4 elective papers, 10 Experiments and 1 project work. You can clear 5 subjects out of the 9 papers and then give your Experiments or project works. There is a flexibility of giving exams in any centers across India and abroad. There are 2 attempts in a year i.e. in June and in December and can give only 4 papers at a time. One needs to clear all the papers in each section within 6 years of registration i.e. 6 years for Group A and 6 years for group B.
    Note: As of now, the AMIE course is under the case for its certification approval. The degree holders before 2015 have a valid certificate and after that, it will depend upon the verdict which will have its hearing on 11th Feb'20. So do wait for the verdict before enrolling in this course.

    “The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz

  • Sign In to post your comments