For any articles or posts or blogs, the photos or pictures give the viewer a second thought for them to read it fully as the picture helps them understand it quickly and also helps them to analyze if the post, article or blog has the contents that they are looking for. We know that many of the readers who search for articles do not read the full content but when they see the pictures provided, it gives them the idea that it contains the information they are looking for can be found in this and hence will glance through your post. So, it is always good to post relevant pictures to hold your readers with good and clear pictures or photos about the topic that you have written.
1. Now coming to your query about using images of products from shopping sites for a blog and the straight answer would be, No! Many of the companies charge them for clicking their product pictures and if you want it to be published in your blog, you may need to pay some fees for using it. The second thing is that some companies keep a track of good blogging sites where new products are introduced or reviews are written, for them, they would provide for free in order to get their product reviewed in their blog.
2. If you happen to use any photos or pictures that were uploaded on any sites, be it shopping, Company or any other blogs, Check if it is legally allowed or have copyrighted that image. If it has copywritten, be careful as legal action can be taken against you.
3. As many members commented if you are using it, you need to mention the source of the image by mentioning the site URL just below the image. It means that you are giving credit to the photographer or the site for the pictures.
4. If you are looking for good quality images for your blog for free, you can search for photos or pictures or images in the below sites as they provide good quality free images without even giving credits to the owners of the pictures or image. These are Pixabay, Unsplash, Picjumbo, Picwizard, Pexel, etc.
5. Some of the terms that one needs to understand while using free images:
- Creative Commons (CC): It means that you can use the picture or images from the site but need to give the credit to the site by mentioning the site URL below the image.
- Royalty-Free (RF): It means that you can use it but you are not allowed to edit the content or reuse/ resell it.
- Public Domain(PD): It means that these contents or images can be used without permission or giving any credits to the creator. You can use it as you wish.
- Rights-Managed(RM): It is a one-time license of the image or photo. You can use it once and if you wish to use it again, you need to take another license to use it.
“The most important thing in life is to learn how to give out love, and to let it come in." — Morrie Schwartz